Random thoughts

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Further proof that my cat is retarded...

We discovered a new activity the other day. Staring at the wall. Oh, but not just the wall, see, 'cause that would be silly. No, Chelsea stares at the little spots of light that get reflected off my computer or whatever, or even just patches of sunlight on the wall. (I tormented her for a good ten minutes by holding my hand up to make a shadow and wiggling my fingers.)

Also, she's still opening the kitchen cabinet and walking around under the sink. I'm kind of afraid to keep cleaning stuff under there now, for fear she'll get into it. Do I need to buy those baby-proof locks or something?

Anyway, I've been giving my Blockbuster online a bit of a workout the past couple days, and rented Sweeney Todd and The Last Kiss. Sweeney Todd, I thought I would enjoy a lot more. I mean, Sondheim and Johnny Depp? How could I resist? The music was good, and Johnny was excellent, but gah! Too much blood. Definitely not a musical I need to see over and over (unlike Into the Woods, which I've seen an estimated 6,000 times). It was kind of cool to watch just after Dr. Horrible, though, because I could totally see the influence.

And The Last Kiss... you know, I keep thinking I should like Zach Braff, but his movies are just... blah.

In TV stuff, I've caught up on My Boys, which is a fun, if predictable, summer comedy, in the absence of HIMYM and The Office. But I'm calling it now - Bobby's gonna find out about PJ and Jack, and he's gonna call off the wedding, and then he's going to spend the rest of the season in love with PJ but they're not gonna get together until the season finale. It's all very Ted and Robin.

I also watched The Mole last night. I'm going with Craig as the mole, which will be my, er, 3rd guess. I clearly suck at this game. But I was sure Paul wasn't the mole, and I'm sure Nicole isn't the mole, which only leaves Mark and Craig, and I still maintain that Mark is too psychotic to be the mole. It's funny, now that we're down to three, I really want Nicole to win... and she was the bitch everyone hated in the first episode.

I have more Comic-Con reports to post, but I'll get to that in a bit. Have to make a phone call.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At August 4, 2008 at 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

but i love zach braff! i'm not sure that i saw the last kiss or not. but you should definitely see "the ex". it's really funny, and has jason bateman from arrested development.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home