Random thoughts

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

"I'm texting. It's very important or I would stop."

If you still haven't been able to watch Dr. Horrible, try this link instead (or this one). It's clearly a success of internet-breaking proportions. I managed to watch it last night, and it's brilliant! As we all know, I am not predisposed to love everything Joss does (*cough* Firefly *cough*)... just most of it. If I wasn't completely in love with Neil Patrick Harris before this, I totally am now. I want to have his babies. And Nathan Fillion and Felicia Day are perfect for their roles. The music is catchy, the dialogue is witty, and the story is charming. So, what are you waiting for? Go watch it.

More on the 24 movie - I find it hilarious that they didn't realize the problems with setting part of the season in Africa until Jon Cassar flew there and it took 36 hours just to get there. I'm pretty sure I said that, like, as soon as I heard the idea. Oh, well, at least they got a movie out of it. Also, in season 7, apparently the Senate panel before which Jack is forced to testify is a stand-in for all the critics that dissed season 6. Well, good, because I've been waiting for someone to explain to me WTF was going on in that season.

Here's an interview with Jon Hamm, the star of Mad Men. If you haven't watched this show, definitely check it out (AMC is airing a marathon of season 1 on July 20th, before season 2 premieres on July 27th).

Also, it seems Amy Poehler will be starring in the Office spin-off. I'm not a big fan of Amy, so that's kind of whatever news to me. I'm still waiting to hear what the spin-off is ABOUT and whether it has any real connection to The Office before deciding whether I'll watch it.

One final funny bit - it's good to know that even J.J. Abrams doesn't know what's going on in his own shows: "I watched a few minutes and was so confused. I was like, literally, it was impenetrable. I was like: 'I know I should understand this. I read the - who the [expletive] is THAT guy?!'" That... doesn't really make me want to watch Lost.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At July 16, 2008 at 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like amy poehler. although there isn't much info about it. i'll probably watch it, and hate it.
ooh, the office season 4 comes out on dvd september 2! i was all excited, then realized how far away that still is.
also, i got my birthday gift in the mail. haha. thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home