Random thoughts

Monday, July 09, 2007

Working for free

Okay, it's official now. We have no budget, and the government is partially shut down. Which means I still have to go to work, but I don't get paid until they pass the budget. Whee!

So, get your VCRs in gear (or Tivos, if you have them, but then I'll hate you) - this Friday is the last two episodes of Drive (for those of you who seek closure, but watch futilely, knowing that you're only going to be left with more questions) AND the season 2 premiere of Psych. I am, well, psyched. Psych is on at 10pm on USA... Drive is on Fox, I'm guessing from 8-10pm, but I could be wrong.

Other TV to look out for... Saving Grace debuts in two weeks on TNT. I have no idea what this show is about, except that Holly Hunter stars in it (and I really have no idea who she is). So, why should you watch it? Because everyone's favorite singing vampire, James Marsters, is guest starring in the second episode (and possibly more)! And we all know I'd watch JM watching paint dry (I bet he'd stare at it and be really intense... wouldn't that be hot?), so that's really all I need to hear to become an instant fan. (And yet, I still won't watch Smallville...)

Also, if you watched The Nine, the remaining episodes are being burned off starting August 1st. Like Drive, there will be no closure at the end of the run, and possibly more questions than answers. But it's not like there's much else on TV in the summer.

Nathan Fillion is possibly going to be on Desperate Housewives next season. I've only watched DH a couple times (usually because my mother was watching it), and even though I found it funny, it never compelled me to actually watch it regularly, so it remains to be seen whether Nathan is enough of a draw.

Looking ahead, here's an article about Pushing Daisies, the new fall show from the creator of one of Becky's favorite shows, Dead Like Me. It kinda looks interesting, doesn't it?

Here's something fun and politicky (what do you mean those words only go together when it's me?) - not sure who you should vote for in the next Presidential election? This quiz will tell you which candidates are closest to your positions. Is it a surprise to anyone that my top result was a tie between Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, both at 63% compatibility with me? (Are we dating?) Of course, that does nothing to help me decide between them. More worrisome, perhaps, is that the number 3 match was Dennis Kucinich. Leprechauns for President!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At July 15, 2007 at 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's no good about the budget. I don't like politics. We almost lost half our zoo staff because of proposed massive budget cuts. And now people complain that it's a free zoo, and they need to charge admission so the city doesn't have to pay for it.

Anyway, I took the quiz, my top match was Obama with 60%, and Hillary and Kucinich tied for second at 58%

 

Post a Comment

<< Home