Random thoughts

Friday, July 06, 2007

My new TV obsession

In the absence of good summer TV, I've been renting a crapload of DVDs (yay, Blockbuster online!). Speaking of which, here's a funny article about how Netflix ruins relationships. Good thing I'm single.

Anyway, I've been watching a lot of TV on DVD lately - I worked my way through Firefly, and now I'm watching Bones. Also in my queue: The Office, Battlestar Galactica, Entourage, Hex, House, Arrested Development, Rescue Me, and Weeds. But today I want to talk about a ridiculously funny little show called Psych.

The second season premieres July 13th on USA, so run out and rent the season 1 DVDs right now! You'll want to be caught up. It's about two guys who run a private detective agency... one of whom pretends to be a psychic. He actually solves crimes by being super-observant of evidence and having a photographic memory or something, but for some reason, the police department didn't believe him when he reported crimes, and it's somehow more believable when he tells them he's a psychic. (I know... I was skeptical, too, but there's a scene in the first episode that will totally convince you.) Anyway, it's so off the wall, it's hilarious at times. The plots can be a little repetitive, but you'll be laughing too hard you won't care. James Roday (Shawn the fake psychic) is great at physical comedy, and he and Dule Hill (Gus the straight man sidekick... formerly Charlie from The West Wing!! And you know how I love all things West Wing) play off each other really well. So, uh, go watch it! Now. What are you waiting for? Do you need to be tempted? Okay, fine:
Gus: You named your fake detective agency Psych? Why didn't you just call it "hey we're fooling you and the police department; hope we don't make a mistake and somebody dies because of it."
Shawn: First of all, Gus, that name is entirely too long; it would never fit on the window. And secondly the best way you convince people you're not lying to them is to tell them you are!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home