Random thoughts

Friday, June 22, 2007

Fun with Summer Movies

It's been oddly slow in work this week... you'd think we'd be busy, what with the budget in the works and all. But, alas, I have little to do. I'm actually getting bored of the internet (imagine that!), so feel free to suggest things to entertain me (just remember, I'm at work, so nothing with sound or that looks conspicuously not worklike).

I did find this awesome article on "Narcissistic Blog Disorder and Other Conditions of Online Kookery," and I think I diagnosed myself with at least two of those.

Now, as the title promises - Fun with Summer Movies! I was reading descriptions of the million and one crappy movies coming out this summer, and I found some of the premises to be, well, ridiculous. So, I decided to play a game. Three of these taglines are for actual movies premiering this summer. One of them I made up with the help of the TV Pitch Generator I mentioned a few posts back. See if you can guess which one.
  1. In the afterlife, a suicide victim and his friend set out on a road trip to find his ex-girlfriend, who also killed herself.
  2. A young woman afflicted by a family curse that endows her with a pig snout until she finds true love runs away from her wealthy family in search of adventure.
  3. A therapist with a heart of gold finds herself falling in love with a patient, a gang leader who's an alcoholic.
  4. The unluckiest sports coach ever comes out of retirement to try and help guide a pathetic college football team to victory.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At June 22, 2007 at 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think #3 is the fake one, it sounds like some of the weird things I came up with using that generator.
Although the remaining movies sound pretty awful.

 
At June 23, 2007 at 3:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think #2, the pig snout one, is a fake. But wow, all 4 are really cheesy. Luckily, I dont think I put any of them on my "To See" list. Becuase you know how much I love cheesy romantic comedies. But if the therapist one is real, I promise I wont go see it.

 
At June 25, 2007 at 11:52 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Megan wins the prize - number 3 was the fake one. I don't know, I kinda wanna see the pig snout one, just because... well, pig snout! lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home