Random thoughts

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Some random insanity to brighten your day

Ever go to an art exhibit and think, "I could've done that. Why isn't MY fingerpainting in a museum?" Well, this fun feature allows you to test your discerning artist's eye - was it painted by a professional artist... or a seven-year-old?

And apparently, the cool new sport is extreme ironing. Yep, you read that right. Check out the website... there's an interactive game. I got hugged by an overfriendly bear, chased by a grandmother, and splattered myself on a rock after a misjudged launch from a trampoline. I don't think I scored any points.

Also, in real life news, I am wicked excited that a. I just used the word wicked, and b. Kelly decided to forgo practicality and is using her car fund to go on a trip with me! Who needs a car anyway, really? We're all about the shotgun vacation... we're going in July, so we have 4-6 weeks to plan and book our trip. My mother is way too excited about playing travel agent. I think she's doing that "living vicariously" thing she did when I studied abroad. Except she just came back from an Alaska cruise, so it's not like she's all vacation deprived or anything.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At June 22, 2007 at 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where are you headed? I wanna go! Except I'm headed to Maine in about 2 weeks, so I guess I couldn't really take off work again in the same month.
And your mom went on an Alaska cruise? Without you? Or me? Haha. Actually, I'm applying for an Americorps position in Alaska. I had 1 phone interview so far.
Oh, and the extreme ironing game is fun. I tried to get the free t shirt, but apparently it's not for US people. :(

 
At June 23, 2007 at 3:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I failed the discerning eye thingy. Apparently, I just dont have what it takes to determine who made what. That one was creepy! With the convict jack-in-a-box? Weird...
Yay for crazy, at-the-last-minute trips! Ok, 4-6 weeks isnt that last minute. but pretty darn close. I'm impressed with us, really.

 
At June 25, 2007 at 11:50 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Megan - we're going on a cruise to Bermuda. I was very disappointed that my parents went to Alaska without us (this is becoming a disturbing trend... the whole "leaving Laura behind" business), but I'll get them back by making them pay for my trip! (They do still owe me a trip as my graduation present.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home