Random thoughts

Monday, July 02, 2007

Dammit. Now I'll have to watch it.

Remember a while ago, I mentioned that a pilot was being picked up next season called "Moonlight," which sounded an awful lot like a retread of Angel - vampire detective, in love with a mortal human woman. Then, it got even Angelier when David Greenwalt (exec. producer for Angel) signed on as showrunner. At first, I was dead set against it... but when Greenwalt's name got attached, I thought, "Maybe he'll actually make it good."

Well, now I've definitely got a reason to watch it: Logan Echolls as a vampire.

Jason Dohring (the "Lo" of our Veronica Mars LoVe) will be playing an "ancient" vampire... who's also "a young, mischievous hedge-fund trader"? Um, okay. Aw, what the hell? It's Jason Dohring. I'd watch him watching paint dry.

In other news - this of the canceled series variety - fans of Drive take note: Fox is NOT airing the last two episodes on the 4th of July. They're airing them on Friday, July 13th, instead. I'm not sure if that's better or worse. The troubling part, though, is that, although they're calling it the "season finale," I suspect there will be nothing final about it. We're probably still going to be left in the middle of the story, since it's unlikely they resolved it in only six episodes (that wouldn't be much of a series). But it's Nathan Fillion, so I'll watch whatever they give me. Also, I'm kinda hooked now.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home