Random thoughts

Saturday, April 28, 2007

The computerless life is not for me...

So, for those of you who've missed me, I've been conspicuously absent from the internet lately due to a malfunctioning power cord. My poor little laptop had no power, and so poor little Laura had no computer. But, $100 and a shiny new power cord later, all is well in the world (except my bank account).

Speaking of technology loss, the NY Times had a great article (which you may no longer be able to read, because it was so long ago) abut the Blackberry outage. It's hilarious how dependent on them some people are. I only just got mine, so it's still in the "novelty toy" phase - but the girl I work with, she's crazy about it. Like, she'll get up from her desk to leave the office, and she's checking her Blackberry by the time she gets in the elevator. Crazy.

I've been on an emotional rollercoaster with the possible canceling of Veronica Mars. After hearing it reported that the show was as good as dead, Enrico Colantoni said it wasn't canceled, but the FBI idea was out. Then, later, Rob Thomas said the FBI thing is very much a possibility, and Enrico is on crack. Bottom line: we won't know for sure until CW announces their fall lineup in May. Grrrrrr. I want my VM!

Elsewhere in the canceled series world, Drive has officially bit the dust. I can't really say I'm surprised, because Fox does this all the time. But it's kind of funny that it was canceled before I even got a chance to watch the 4 episodes that are in my possession. I wonder if it's even worth it now...

There's a really long, but good interview with David Fury, who has worked on almost all of my favorite shows. In this interview, he mostly talks about 24, but also some Buffy, Angel, and Lost tidbits.

In the Buffy news bin, Joss has an interview about the Angel season 6 comic. And I want everything on this website.

Did anyone else read the Baby-Sitters Club when they were younger? Because I was totally into them, and so I was superexcited to see that someone is re-reading the books as an adult and blogging about them! Her posts are absolutely hilarious, and it's fun to remember how much I loved that series as a kid.

And finally, your dose of random for today: Bidets that catch fire. Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase, "light a fire under your ass."

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At April 29, 2007 at 11:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i only looked at the first page of those shirts, but i like the "grr argh one, and the girl-bathroom-type-sign holding a stake.
and i'm currently reading the blog about BSC, it's pretty funny. i don't remember how far i read them as a kid. but i donated all my books to the st charles library....now i can't go back and read them :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home