Random thoughts

Friday, May 11, 2007

Slow news day

Well, not "news" so much as "work." It's been surprisingly quiet in work this week... maybe because the House is having hearings out in Erie (why??) and the Senate had so much fun making our lives miserable last week that they decided they needed a break.

Anyway, I've been hard pressed to stave off boredom this week - and today is probably the worst, because Teresa and Charlene are both out, which means I don't have anyone to talk to! :( I shoulda taken Friday off, too...

I haven't blogged in almost two weeks - I'm such a slacker. But I have lots of things to talk about today!

Is anyone still watching Gilmore Girls? I gave up sometime around when Luke's mysterious child popped up, just in time to screw things up with Lorelai. But since we heard that this is officially the end, I kinda wanted to tune back in, just to see how things turned out. So, I watched last week when Rory turned down Logan's marriage proposal and graduated from Yale. I've honestly given up caring whether Luke and Lorelai get back together... but it'd be nice if they were at least friends. (Of course, from the way he ate her face in the previews for the series finale, I suspect it may be more than that.) I also read this interview with Lauren Graham - and now I'm really curious what ASP's final four words were gonna be! Damn, that's gonna bug me.

The good news is, the cancellation of Gilmore Girls means that Veronica Mars has a better shot of returning. Since the CW sucks, basically, as a network, and can't do anything besides reality shows and wrestling, losing GG and 7th Heaven means there's a vacuum in their hour-long drama department. We may still get FBI-Veronica, with none of the rest of the cast back, but it's better than nothing, right? Random side note - how much do I love Piz? As much as I want Logan and Veronica together, I find Piz absolutely adorable, and I cringe at the idea of Veronica breaking his heart. Parker, on the other hand, can go away. Far, far away... like Logan's 12-year-old girlfriend from season 2. And... hey, remember when Weevil used to be on this show?

This may be better than the actual series of 24: bringing back all the deceased characters (aka all the people we liked) as ghosts haunting Jack! I'd so watch that. I was actually really surprised they killed off Milo, but I read somewhere that he wants to do a cop show pilot and asked to be written off. (I also read that they knew he wasn't going to survive the season, so maybe he's just saying he asked for it... I don't know.) I'm finding it really hard to care about 24 lately... which is a shame, because it's always been one of my favorite shows. Kiefer is contracted for 2 more years, I think, so it's certainly not going anywhere - and they keep talking about how they're going to "revamp" the show. Well, maybe they meant adding vampires, because this year's "revamp" was actually more like the previous seasons recycled. And Jack did bite that guy...

In other 24 news, Wednesday was Jack Bauer Appreciation Day! I'm sorry I missed it. I would've yelled "Dammit!" a lot in celebration.

Remember Drive, that Nathan Fillion/Tim Minear show that was on for 8 days? Well, even though it was canceled, I decided to watch the 4 episodes anyway - and naturally, got all attached and now I wanna know how it ends! Well, that probably won't happen, because Fox sucks. Seriously, they don't even give shows a chance - they showed the first three episodes in two days, and I guess maybe didn't think that ratings for the fourth episode might be down because people who didn't get to watch three episodes might have trouble catching up. I didn't get to watch them until after it was canceled - and I was determined to like the show! Anyway, they are showing the remaining two episodes - on the 4th of July! Proving once again that they hate people who like their shows. But I loved this comment from Whedonesque: " I think it would be cool to show the final episodes out of order." Sadly, that's such a Fox thing to do. (Firefly, anyone?)

Apparently, the Geico cavemen pilot sucks. I can't really say I'm surprised... Personally, I'd rather see a show about that gecko with the hot British accent.

I watched Traveler last night, which was pretty good. It's about two guys, just graduated from college, who are on the run from the FBI when a third friend of theirs supposedly commits a terrorist attack (blowing up a museum in NYC) and they get blamed for it. Whitney at Pop Candy describes it as an "Abercrombie version of 24." Hee. They're re-airing the pilot (see that, Fox? ABC understands...) on May 30th, after which the season will air over the summer. I think that's actually a good idea - get people watching the pilot early, give them some time to generate buzz, and then hopefully, have a bigger audience when it airs again. If Drive had done that, instead of airing a bunch of episodes all at once and not allowing it to build on word of mouth, it might have stuck around longer (well, the four weeks it woulda taken to show those same episodes, I guess...).

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home