Random thoughts

Saturday, April 14, 2007

This is why you need a Lt. Governor

So, if you live in New Jersey, you probably heard that the Governor was in a car accident on Thursday night. And the Senate President is again the acting Governor, at least temporarily. Poor Richard Codey. The man didn't want to be Governor, chose not to run, and ended up doing it anyway. Seriously, at the rate they go through elected officials in NJ, they really ought to look into a Lt. Governor (if they really wanted one, they could have CBK, I'm sure no one in PA would miss her, the crazy bat).

Random fact - the accident occurred while Corzine was on his way to mediate a meeting between Don Imus and the Rutgers women's basketball team (on which I emphatically have no comment). I have a conspiracy theory that the car that caused the accident was being driven by a die-hard Imus fan.

He just won't go away... Lynn Swann (a.k.a. the "40" in Governor Rendell's 60-40 reelection win) may be running for Congress. God help you, Pittsburgh. And in other PA political news, Patrick Murphy, my favorite freshman Congressman, got himself a nice write-up in the NY Times. Well done, Pat. (Sidenote: The Great American Diner is where my friend Stephanie had her baby shower.)

This strikes me as hilarious: GW students are protesting because their university president picked himself to be their commencement speaker. Honestly, I sympathize with them, but point out that it could be worse - they could've graduated from F&M last year, and had to listen to some other college's president speak at their commencement.

Newsflash: Even birds hate Dick Cheney. They're willing to commit suicide to get him out of office.

There's not much TV to talk about, since hardly any of my shows have new episodes. (I want my VM!!) I should note, however, that 24 sent South Park a suitcase nuke. I guess that's how TV shows say, "I like you."

And finally, your daily dose of random: This is hilarious, and also a lot of fun. Thanks to Megan for the Dancin' Doughboy!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home