Random thoughts

Monday, August 04, 2008

My cat is actually useful!

So, we seem to have settled into a nice compromise in the mornings. Chelsea appears to have learned what the alarm clock means, and doesn't wake me up before it goes off. Once it does, though, she's a little pest until I get out of bed. Which is helpful on days like today, when I just wanted to roll over and go back to sleep (and thus be late for work). The only trouble is that we haven't quite worked out the concept of the snooze button yet, so sometimes she pesters when I actually DO want to go back to sleep. We'll keep working on it.

Anyway, let's kick off with more Dr. Horrible stuff, since it's still my favorite thing ever. This blogger has ranked the singers in Dr. Horrible and Buffy's Once More With Feeling. Personally, I think Amber Benson deserves to be above Felicia Day, and Nathan Fillion should probably be switched with Sarah Michelle Gellar (did no one notice how off-key she was in some songs?). Overall, though, not terribly surprising.

Here's the eleventy millionth interview with Joss, and an interview with Tahmoh Penikett about Dollhouse.

Speaking of Tahmoh, word on the streets is that the last half of the last season of Battlestar Galactica will be supersized, although the exact details are sketchy. I can't remember if I posted the Caprica promo yet, so here it is just in case. And finally, an interview with Tricia Helfer, who's now guest starring on Burn Notice. (Sidebar: she should've done the Sweet'n'Low trick JM recommends for bleaching her hair.)

Oh, and this was posted in the comments, but I'm moving it out here for everyone to check out: the animated Buffy series (or at least, the first four minutes of it). There's also an interview with Jane Espenson that hints it may be making a comeback.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At August 12, 2008 at 12:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Where are you? Are you okay?

By the way, even though Gellar's singing was Autotuned and ProTools-ed to death, I still think it sucks... Nathan Fillion was awesome compared to that - I always forward past Buffy's showstopper in OMWF, not only because of her singing, but because for some reason, Joss put in this odd time signature during the C / G part. Still can't get my head around it, even with listening to the demo he and Kai put together.

 
At August 12, 2008 at 10:36 AM, Blogger Laura said...

I'm here... just haven't had much to post for some reason.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home