Random thoughts

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Tequila bad

Very, very sluggish this morning. Can't imagine why.

Shout-out to Kelly, who came up to visit me yesterday with TJ and Megan, and went to our Wednesday happy hour. It was fun to catch up with them, since we don't keep in touch as well as we used to. (I'm measuring the times between when I talked to TJ and Megan in years now.) They also got to meet Chelsea, who is turning out to be very good with people. I'm so proud of her.

After the F&M gang left, Danielle called me to meet at Zembie's, which I feel is just an exercise is driving herself crazy. Zembie's is the regular hangout of the guy she was sleeping with and is now having issues because they're kind of breaking up and she's decided she cares about him and wants more than just sex. Naturally, he was there, and there was much angst and tequila shots, and then there was much drama when she decided she wanted to go home with the guy. So Jade took her outside and gave her a talking to, while I talked to the guy inside, and both groups came to the decisions that Danielle was coming home with me (although Danielle was not so pleased). We split up, and the guy walked Jade home, and I'm sure he got a earful from her, lol, and Danielle slept over. (Incidentally, Chelsea was very good with her, too, except she jumped on my head while I was trying to pull out the sofa bed, and it still hurts. Damn cat.)

Anyway, before all that happened, I did meet a nice Welsh fellow who works in the Budget office. We chatted a bit, and of course I was swoony over the accent. He was quite friendly, but as I was leaving with Danielle, that was as far as it went.

Just a random update on Mad Men - season 2 will begin on Valentine's Day, 1962, and the creator plans for the series to run for 5 seasons, ending in 1969.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At July 10, 2008 at 4:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

"And was there a lesson in all this? What have we learned about beer?"
"Foamy!"
-- Xander and Buffy, "Beer Bad"

 
At July 10, 2008 at 9:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

^haha, that was a great episode.

yeah, tequila and i are not friends. or tequila and my stomach, rather.

ooh, swoony accent, huh?

also, you have another megan?! although i have another laura, but at least her name is spelled different.

 
At July 11, 2008 at 9:15 AM, Blogger Laura said...

I do have another Megan. Actually, I have a Megan, a Megan, and a Meghan (who is going to Ireland with us). It's quite confusing, really. I might just assign you all numbers.

P.S. Look out for a package from me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home