Random thoughts

Monday, June 23, 2008

Monday morning

Well, I hope you all had a good weekend. I went to dinner on Friday with Christi and some med school people, and then went out to Ceolta's with Christi and a LOT of med school people. They just opened up their smoke-free second floor, and it was totally empty, so we just took over and basically had a private party. The music was awful, though - it was like the DJ totally dated us and only played stuff from the early-mid 90s. Seriously, Boyz II Men? Vanilla Ice? That's not even the fun old-school.

Saturday, I saw Christi again (making up for all that time she was studying for boards and wouldn't leave the library), when she and her friends came down to Harrisburg for the Brewer Fest. Christi volunteered to be the designated driver, but they were out of DD tickets, so she couldn't get in. (Yay, Harrisburg, encouraging drunk driving!) So Christi hung out with me while her friends drank beer.

This was Chelsea's first encounter with a stranger (other than my parents, whom she met on the first day, when everything was pretty much terrifying). She did well - she was very friendly and played with Christi on Friday night, but was pretty shy on Saturday. I think it was because it was naptime and she wanted us to leave her alone.

Speaking of Chelsea, I think there must be some kind of "How To Annoy Your Human" handbook that all cats have to read in kitten school or something. She's picking up Patches' habits, and they don't even live together. Patches, in case I haven't mentioned, has developed this charming way of waking my dad up at 4am by swatting everything on his night table onto the floor. Cell phone, glasses, pens, wallet, spare change, you name it, it gets knocked on the floor. Well, now Chelsea is doing the same thing, except I have carpet (my parents have hardwood floors), so it doesn't make as much noise. So I just wake up to a pile of stuff on the floor, while Chelsea proceeds to paw at me. If the swatting stuff doesn't work, she moves on to poking me in the eye with her paw, or tapping my nose. It'd be quite adorable if I didn't want to sleep for another hour.

Anyway, lots of TV stuff today. There's a bizarre clip of Joss Whedon and Eliza Dushku on Dollhouse, who appear to be interviewed by the stars of some other show, one of whom is Jerry O'Connell (omg, remember Sliders? I do).

Also, there's a trailer for Christian Kane's new show, Leverage. CK also has a podcast interview from some country radio station, where he plays three new songs. OMG, I love him so much, and I don't even like country music. I would totally marry him if James Marsters were unavailable. :)

This is a little weird - Jack Bauer will be the best-looking 52-year-old ever. 24 is doing another time jump this season, which puts season 7 at 17 years after season 1, where Jack was 35. Yikes.

I've never heard of this show, but I'm glad to see Janel Moloney getting work. She's pretty awesome (and I miss The West Wing!).

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home