Random thoughts

Monday, October 15, 2007

PA's newest resident

Okay, probably not, because there were a bunch of people in line behind me, but I am definitely one of PA's 100 newest residents. I spent a lovely 45 minutes at the DMV on Saturday (waaay more efficient than the DMV in New Jersey I visited last week), and came out with a shiny new driver's license and registration. Downside: my new license plate includes the letters "GWB." I thought about asking them for a different one, but I didn't want them to yell at me. Which they totally would have, because they got grumpy when I pointed out that they put the WRONG ADDRESS on my registration. I'm like, "YOU made a typo, and somehow I get yelled at?" I was told I had to fill out a change of address form. I'm like, "But I haven't moved in the past five minutes..." *evil stare from evil DMV employee* I filled out the change of address form.

Other than that, though, everything went smoothly, and I didn't even have to cry to get my way. I was fully prepared to turn on the waterworks, in case they wanted me to take my driver's test over again (which, teeeechnically, I should have had to do, since it's been more than 60 days since I moved). I even had a series of elaborate lies prepared. But all that planning was for nothing. Oh, well.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home