Random thoughts

Friday, September 28, 2007

Fall Premieres, part 4

This week is starting to tire me out! I was really busy in work yesterday (in meetings most of the day), so I didn't get a chance to post. So, we've got two days worth of TV to talk about.

Wednesday:

Back to You - After two episodes, I am officially tuning out on this one. I'm not sure if it was the boob joke, the dead fish thing (which really stopped being funny after the second or third fish), or when Patricia Heaton's character started having mood swings like a manic depressive with PMS. Either way, I'm sick of this show already. I have to admit, the taser thing was funny (tasers are always funny), but it's nothing I can't watch on the REAL news - and it's always funnier when it's real.

Gossip Girl - Still not sure how I feel about this one. I don't particularly like it - rich snobs aren't really my thing - but I feel somehow compelled to find out what happens next. It's that soapy nature that sucks you in.

Dirty Sexy Money - This is another one that I'm not sure how I feel about it. I love Peter Krause and Donald Sutherland, and the plot is intriguing, but I'm finding a problem in that I hate every other member of the Darling family. They all feel like caricatures, mostly asshole-ish ones, and most of them don't have any redeeming qualities that make you like them despite their faults.

Thursday:

Without a Trace - Fairly unremarkable procedural. I wouldn't be watching it at all if it weren't for James Marsters (check out the TWoP interview... it's like my two favorite things coming together). I doubt I'll watch past his episodes. Dammit, James, get better shows! (He's also going to be coming back to Smallville for a few episodes, which I refuse to sit through.)

Speaking of Smallville, I am pleased to say that I am NOT crazy (shut up!). That Supergirl commercial DID use the Buffy music.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At September 29, 2007 at 8:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Have you seen Moonlight? I've only seen about 5 min of the first ep- hoo, what a hottie! When is Jason Dohring coming? Not that I'll complain about the current vamp. I plan to watch Reaper, I dont know how I missed it last week. Oh tv, you capture me with your thrilling plots and really hot guys...

 
At September 29, 2007 at 9:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Never mind, there he is. Oh, how lovely!! JD is the awesomest!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home