Random thoughts

Thursday, October 04, 2007

I can't stop using the word "quirky"...

First off, good news! The noisy neighbors across the hall are gone! I'd noticed a significant lack of thumping (caused by a basketball being thrown at the door - at least, I hope it was a basketball, and not the girlfriend), and today I saw the painting supplies parked out in the hallway. You know what that means - apartment turnover! I hope the new neighbors are more friendly.

Anyway, who watched Pushing Daisies last night? It was definitely quirky, as promised, in sort of an Edward Scissorhands or Roald Dahl kind of way. It was kind of charming, but I almost wonder if it's too quirky... the premise might have worked well as a 2 hour movie, but that much quirkiness might get tiresome week in and week out. On the other hand, it does seem set up for a procedural format - we see a murder in the teaser, Ned touches them in the first act, and then they spend the rest of the episode solving the crime. Except I'm not sure that dry format matches the, well, quirkiness of the story. All in all, it was an interesting start, but I wasn't as enamored as all the critics made me think I would be.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At October 15, 2007 at 12:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh, i did watch that show. and yes, i agree that it would be better as a movie. i'm not sure how they can make the rest of the season interesting enough

 

Post a Comment

<< Home