Random thoughts

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

A dose of politics

I haven't written much about political issues lately, which I think is two-fold. First, you guys probably don't care. And second, I've noticed that, since I started working in education, I've sort of developed tunnel vision. I don't pay nearly as much attention to other issues as I do to my issue.

But a couple articles on the Democratic Presidential debate last week caught my eye. This article on non-verbal language is really interesting, both in general and in the context of the debate. I think Hillary is really good at these types of non-verbal cues, subtleties that convey likable qualities, no matter what she's saying. As I've watched her performances during the campaign so far, I'm becoming more and more convinced that the people who don't like her just haven't taken the time to watch and listen to her.

Another Washington Post article also starts out about Hillary, but it's full of hilarious observations: The Democratic candidates as "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves" - hee! Mike Gravel, winning the votes of people who hate credit card companies. And "why the blogosphere is like being trapped at a cocktail party with the same 50 people forever."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home