Random thoughts

Friday, October 31, 2008

Leaky kitty

Was a little concerned last night when Chelsea appeared to have a leakage problem, dripping saliva from her mouth. I tried calling the vet, but they were already closed, so I settled for Google, which led me to believe it was probably a a tooth/gum problem. In any case, she was fine this morning, but I called the vet anyway, who said it probably wasn't serious. She probably just scratched her mouth on a bit of food or something. This parenting thing is so nerve-wracking!

In other news, Bradley Whitford is getting a new sitcom, which is awesome since I love him, and was just reminded how much because I was watching election episodes of The West Wing last night. (Shut up, Kelly!) Also WW-related, the New York Times apparently just figured out that this election is similar to the Santos/Vinick election. Dude, where were you back in February?

Jon Hamm is guest-starring on 30 Rock (which I'll probably get around to watching someday).

Dollhouse fans, I think you're being mocked.

Labels: , , , ,

5 Comments:

At October 31, 2008 at 12:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Your kitty troubles remind me of our boy cat a few years ago. Jenn had gone on a business trip, and Fyarl had been acting kinda weird since she left. Then he started seizing - foaming at the mouth and stuff. I can't even remember what he had, but it got cleared up pretty quickly with some awesome dope.

Brad Whitford - I met the guy when they were filming an episode of "The West Wing" in 2001 at National Airport (true story - you can see the back of my head and my jacket in a few shots). During a break, he was just sitting there with Marlee Matlin (whom I'd met a bunch of years before), and I talked with him about some of his previous movies - among them being "Adventures in Babysitting" and "Billy Madison". And when he gave me his autograph, he wrote, "Dear Eddie, Get better taste in movies - Bradley Whitford".

And that article on "Dollhouse" is hilarious. Thanks for the laugh - it's been a rough day already and it's only 12:45.

love,
eds

 
At October 31, 2008 at 12:57 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Oh, jeepers! Chelsea wasn't nearly as bad as that - no foaming, just... dripping. And other than that, she was perfectly fine (if a bit confused why she kept getting her paws wet).

OMG how come you never told me you met Bradley Whitford? *is jealous* Was it the scene where Josh asks Joey to put out a secret everything-in-code poll on Bartlet's MS? (And is it weird that I know which episode would require Bradley Whitford and Marlee Matlin in an airport?)

 
At October 31, 2008 at 5:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I believe so. And no, it's not weird that you'd know which scene I was in. Basically, they had the cameras over the actors' shoulders, and there were movie-theater-like velvet ropes providing a place for random people to walk through the shot. The only note people the PA's were giving was "Don't look at the actors or the cameras". And it was fun. I'm actually in two separate shots, walking away from the camera both times, so I provided a little bit of a continuity error....

 
At October 31, 2008 at 5:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

While you watch your election episodes, I shall watch my Halloween episodes! We can see what is important to each of us...I think you have enough civic responsibility for both of us, and I thank you for that!
Going to the store at halloween is dangerous. I have returned with more chocolate than I need. Do you have any Halloween plans? I think you could go as a crazy cat lady. Ooooo! Print out lots of pics of Chelsea and put them in one of those unfolding picture thingys that old people have in their wallets! And bring Chelsea! In a sling! And like wear slippers or something. Mostly it's the accessories that are important.

 
At November 3, 2008 at 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that sounds like an awesome halloween costume

 

Post a Comment

<< Home