Random thoughts

Monday, October 27, 2008

Happy Monday!

I seriously considered calling in sick to work today, but I'm a honest sort of girl, so here I am. My weekend mostly consisted of cleaning the apartment and writing myself recommendation letters, but I did (finally) watch "Forgetting Sarah Marshall." And OMG, guys. Why did no one tell me about the puppets?? Everything about that movie was all "Jason Segel's penis" blah blah blah... PUPPETS, guys. Dracula puppet musical. There are no words for how much I love Jason Segel right now... it cracks me up that he actually wrote that as a for serious musical.

I was also blown away by the Mad Men season finale last night. Holy wow, this is the best show on television right now (thank goodness this and Battlestar Galactica aren't on at the same time, or my head might explode).

Joss Whedon posted to explain the situation with Dollhouse, since rumors of shutdowns and tossing out episodes have caused fans to freak out. Seriously, Whedon fans get waaaay too worked up about this shit. Calm down, crazies. I know you've all been burned with Firefly, but seriously? The show's not even airing for another two months. And it's going to get terrible ratings if you've all had heart attacks from freaking out for six months straight. Trust me, all this panicking can't be good for your blood pressure.

Also from the Whedonverse, Alexis Denisof got a job, possibly prompted by a need to provide for the impending baby.

Life is getting its third new timeslot of the season, which I guess is good because this one's better than Friday nights at 10 when no one watches TV. Also, it nicely plugs the hole in my Wednesday night schedule, between Bones and Dirty Sexy Money.

And finally, you may have heard that Barack Obama purchased 30 minutes of airtime this week on the major networks, back before he had a humungous lead in the polls and this whole exercise seemed unnecessary. Various people give tips on what he should do with his airtime.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At October 27, 2008 at 9:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey look, i've caught up with your postings. i hadn't been checking it regularly, sorry.

i didn't know that about obama. i need to watch the news more often. but maybe that's why the news shows were all showing something about obama while i was flipping through the channels today.
on that note, i've voted on my absentee ballot. yay! now i just have to put it in the mail.

also, we need to hang out sometime. but i'm mostly off during the week, since we only have groups in on the weekends now. hmm.

 
At October 30, 2008 at 12:13 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hahaha, yes, baby coming might compel someone to get a job. Good observation! Also, I know I need to watch Mad Men, but perhaps I shall first wait and see if that guy is returning. Why start something I know will just end badly?! And I am waaaay out of every news loop. Thank goodness I have you for politics! And armies of student advocates...they are way scarier.

 
At October 30, 2008 at 10:30 AM, Blogger Laura said...

You should definitely watch Mad Men - even if Matt Weiner doesn't come back (which he totally has to), the first two seasons are worth watching no matter what happens.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home