Random thoughts

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Time out

I have a headache today, a situation which is not helped at all by the fact that I'm staring at mind-numbing spreadsheets all day. So, taking a break to bring you the news of the day.

First up, David Tennant is leaving Doctor Who. Ordinarily, I'd get all worked up about a major actor leaving a show I like, but it's Doctor Who, and changing up the Doctor every few seasons is kind of what they do (Tennant was the 10th, following Christopher Eccleston, who also played the invisible dude on Heroes). I'm curious who they'll choose for the next one, but as I have very limited knowledge of British actors, I'm not putting out any suggestions.

Lauren Graham (formerly of Gilmore Girls) is going to Broadway to star in Guys and Dolls opposite Oliver Platt. That... seems like odd casting to me. (Also, I can't help thinking about [title of show] and their whole thing about TV actors in musicals.)

There's an interview with Taylor Kitsch (Riggins!!!), and a lot of it is about sports (not surprisingly) but be wary if you don't want to know what's going on on FNL.

I also found this write-up on Dirty Sexy Money, which has reeled me back in after I was somewhat noncommittal at the beginning of the season whether I wanted to stick with it or not. I still miss the stoner space camp Jeremy (he's not nearly as fun when he's trying to woo Nick's wife), and Karen constantly grates on my nerves, but Brian is still super awesome and Brian Jr. is impossibly adorable. Plus, you can never have too much Peter Krause and Donald Sutherland (well, come on, Kiefer must get it from somewhere!).

And finally, for your daily dose of randomness: speeding muppets.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At October 30, 2008 at 11:51 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm gonna miss David Tennant. But I look forward to seeing who will replace him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home