Random thoughts

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Really, I'm still alive

Okay, since I apparently have people wondering if I'm okay, here's an update to prove I'm still kicking. Haven't had much to say about anything lately, hence the lack of chattiness. It's not like I've missed much... okay, the Olympics started, but I don't really care, John Edwards imploded a little bit, but when is a politician having an affair news?

My mother had a birthday - but I'm not allowed to say how old she is. I went home for the weekend to celebrate it, Mom liked my presents (jewelry and hair product stuff she asked for), and my dad made a cake (which totally fell apart).

The Mole had their season finale last night, and I totally called the mole... and it only took me three tries. I have to say, Craig was the best mole ever on this show. I'm also a little relieved to hear that Nicole and Paul were deliberately being obnoxious to arouse suspicion and/or throw people off their game. I did actually like them by the end - they definitely toned down the bitchery, and even started to get along, which made me think it might be strategy rather than actual personality flaws. I even kind of wanted Nicole to win. Mark, although he played a good game, was just too psycho obsessive about it for me to really like him. I guess it's better that he won, though, because I think his head might've exploded otherwise.

I also (sort of) called the My Boys season finale, except that I didn't realize the season was only 9 episodes long, so I didn't realize it WAS the season finale. But Bobby totally had second thoughts about the wedding, and he totally found out about PJ and Jack, and all the ensuing angst that I predicted will surely happen next season (or the second half of this season... it's still unclear whether this was an actual finale or just a "summer finale." Cable's so weird).

I'm also addicted to Mad Men (which just keeps getting better and better) and Psych (omg Steven Weber as Shawn's uncle!), so my summer TV watching has been somewhat sparse, but quality.

Generally, a Heroes casting announcement elicits a groan, but I'm super excited that Seth Green might be coming on board. My life needs a little more Seth Green in it.

I think that's all I've got, unless anyone wants to give me boy advice. (Seriously, he was obviously interested in me, called me and texted me a LOT last week, and yet was incapable of asking me out on an actual date. He was busy the two times I invited him out with my friends, and hasn't returned my call since Saturday. Boys are stupid.)

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At August 12, 2008 at 1:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Honestly - take the opposite of logic, and that's what boys do. We don't realize that we're looking a gift horse in the mouth most times - and that there's someone who's interested in us half the time. Yet, when the girl's not interested in us, we call incessantly and try to GET her interested in us...

We're an odd bunch.

 
At August 12, 2008 at 1:44 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

One more thing - looks like the "24: Exile" DVD will be available two days after its airing on Fox...

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/24-exile.html

 
At August 13, 2008 at 12:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree about boys being stupid. i'm fed up with all of them.

seth green on heroes? does that mean i'll actually have to watch that show? :/

also, i think i may be taking a job up near Reading. it's only from september to december though. i have until friday to accept it.

 
At August 13, 2008 at 4:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Boys are dumb. You are awesome. He'll wake up soon. But alas, no advice. I strike out a lot, haha.

In other news, Seth Green?!?! I just finished season 2, and remembering how much i love him. "I mock you with my monkey pants!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home