Random thoughts

Friday, June 27, 2008

Is it over yet?

Holy crap, I can't wait for the budget to be over. I've been driven to drink 3 nights this week (and that'll be 4 by tomorrow - Jenn is hosting a "Beer Fest" at her house this weekend). I have to go home tonight, because my parents decided to go on vacation and need me to check in on Patches. Someone in work said, "Don't they have any neighbors or friends who live less than 2 hours away that could do that?" which is a very good point. Eh, parents?

I do appreciate the complete disregard for my schedule. /sarcasm Setting aside the fact that I had plans this weekend (so I'm now going to be rushing back on Saturday to get there in time), this is budget week! Teresa needs us to be around. Fortunately, John could take Saturday, so I'm working Sunday. There's a reason they told us not to plan vacations for this time of year. And my mother even asked me, "We're thinking about going away this weekend. How is that for you?" and I said that it was a very bad weekend and could they please wait until July. And they said, "Tough, we're going anyway." Nice.

Anyway, I'll stop bitching now. Mad Men is coming back soon, isn't that exciting? The link's got pics from season 2, and this feature talks about the Mad women. There's also a trailer up for Dr. Horrible, which looks like classic Joss. Neil Patrick Harris was, like, born for a Joss show.

Meanwhile, the threat of an actors' strike is still looming. Weird to think that the writers' strike actually helped TV shows by facilitating early filming for next season, meaning they'll be better prepared in the event the actors do strike. Also, this is a handy feature to keep track of who's coming and going on all your favorite shows.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home