Random thoughts

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Heroes rant

This article asks, is Heroes suffering from a sophomore slump?

GOD, yes!

I have never been so bored by a show that I used to like. Granted, I watched season 1, like, last month, so I haven't exactly been reveling in Heroes-fandom for very long. But still. I watched it because people told me it was GOOD. I ignored my instincts, the over-hype, the sense of foreboding as the season kept stretching longer and longer (what are they up to, 26 episodes now? Plus the 6 Heroes: Origin episodes, which are getting a new name). But seriously, I am amazed at how many plot lines utterly bored me last night.

I have not and will never care about the Wonder Twins. God, just let Sylar kill them and be done with it. I've never been a Hiro fan - his plot lines always seem extraneous and unnecessary - but this 1671 jaunt is really grating on my nerves. I swear, if that doesn't somehow tie in to the present-day plot line with the Company, I'm gonna be so pissed that they wasted my time on it.

I think Matt and Mohinder are possibly the two stupidest people in the universe, and everything they do just makes me cringe. Also, the "My Two Dads" thing would be better if they'd just make out already. My only comfort is that Mohinder is probably gonna be dead soon, now that he's partnered with Niki/Jessica. (And hey! Would that mean no more annoying voice overs?) And despite the Nightmare Man being a fairly large plot development, the way they revealed it was so obvious I just rolled my eyes at Matt and Nathan for being so dumb. See? Parkman's even bringing down my man Nathan.

Speaking of Petrellis, I hate Peter's amnesia and his Irish girlfriend - Peter developed into such an awesome character last season, and they totally threw it all away. Get rid of the Irish girl, reunite the Petrelli brothers, and let's have some fun with Kristen Bell.

In fact, let's get rid of everyone else, and just have Peter, Nathan, HRG, and Claire... and Kristen Bell. She hasn't done anything remarkable yet, but she's awesome and impossibly cute so she can stay. Seriously, HRG shooting the Russian dude was the highlight of the episode. HRG's wicked cool and all, but that is kinda sad.

Even the characters I used to like are letting me down. Peter, Nathan... and Claire's relationship with West needs to end NOW. I couldn't believe she was that stupid. She's supposed to be keeping a low profile, and she and West blatantly display their powers. Sure, the cops and the cheerleaders didn't believe Debbie, but what if someone from the Company got wind of it? You don't think they'd be on that in a hot second? I'm hoping that HRG comes back soon and lays the smackdown on West. Got any bullets left in that gun?

If you're longing for the good old days, try out the Hardest Heroes Quiz Ever and test your knowledge. I scored 10 out of 12. Go me!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At October 31, 2007 at 1:37 AM, Blogger Becca said...

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Joy-Sets/800026000

 
At October 31, 2007 at 9:21 AM, Blogger Laura said...

I saw that! There have been a lot of Joss interviews lately, but he doesn't seem to be saying anything new. Mostly just promoting the Angel DVDs, I guess.

 
At November 2, 2007 at 12:37 PM, Blogger Becca said...

Yeah... don't know how I feel about another comic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home