Random thoughts

Monday, October 22, 2007

It has "heart"

I'm finally caught up on the Office, so now I've moved on to watching the first season of Friday Night Lights. The one thing I've always heard about this show is that "it has heart," and that definitely seems to be true. I don't find the plot lines particularly compelling (I mean, after all, it's high school football), and yet it still makes me laugh, cry, and cheer. Seriously, I think I got more excited over some of those football games than I did watching my actual high school football team. I do feel like they have one too many games that come down to the last 15 seconds or whatever. Most football games aren't quite that down-to-the-wire every time. I also noticed that the football is pretty well explained, so that you don't have to be a football fan to know what's going on in a game. There was only one time where I felt I was being talked down to - when they explained after every play that running out of bounds stopped the clock, during one of those 4th quarter, 15 seconds left drives.

And as a follow-up to last week's post, here's a not-so-nice review of Viva Laughlin. There was a new episode on last night (Sunday will be its regular time slot until it's canceled in another week or so), which I completely forgot about, due to watching FNL. Can't say I feel like I missed much.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At October 22, 2007 at 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't say I feel like I missed much.

Oh I don't know. The bleeding from my eyes and ears was kind of fun in a 'i'll be dead soon and wont remember any of this' kind of way.

 
At October 23, 2007 at 1:34 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I heart FNL! I also never was a fan of football, but oh, how I cheer for the Panthers!

 
At October 24, 2007 at 2:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

And just so you know (I would IM you, but it is 2 am so you are in bed), I bought FNL tonight at Target for $20!!!

 
At October 25, 2007 at 9:14 AM, Blogger Laura said...

I think I get more excited for the Panthers than I ever did for my actual high school football team! Of course, my high school football team was so bad that the marching band could beat them at football, so...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home