Random thoughts

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Say it ain't so!

First, I must begin with some horrible, horrible, terribly foreboding news. Veronica Mars may be getting canceled. Please join me in egging the CW offices this weekend. But, on the upside, it looks like Angel is being continued in the same Joss-approved comic format as Buffy. Hey, maybe Rob Thomas can do a VM comic, since that seems to be the trend.

This is kinda cool, in a disturbing kind of way - they're making a Little House on the Prairie musical. As much as I love Little House (the books and the TV show), I'm forced to ask "why?" Even weirder: Melissa Gilbert (the original Laura Ingalls) and Patrick Swayze are playing Ma and Pa Ingalls.

I don't actually watch Dancing with the Stars, but I've been hearing so much about Heather Mills' leg, I admit to a morbid curiosity about whether it will fall off while she's dancing. Maybe Kelly can weigh in with an expert opinion.

Oh, and how awesome is this - there was a three-way tie on Jeopardy. I love it.

Here's a nice article about how I used to have a really important job. I'm still goggling over Hillary's "thousand donors" at the "second million-dollar-plus fundraiser in three days." We maybe had a thousand donors total... and only did two million dollar fundraisers the entire campaign. Man, I'm a little bit jealous of Kathy right now.

In other political news, I love it when candidates and organizations make their interns wear animal costumes.

And this Peep Research website had me and Teresa cracking up for hours at work today.

Quotes of the week:

Dresden Files
"Who are you talking to?"
"The dead. They hunger for human brains. The feasting will begin at sundown." - Harry

24
"Did someone push you down the stairs?" - Karen Hayes
"No, I tripped over your ineptitude." - Tom Lennox

Black Donnellys
when Kevin complains that there's not enough dinner for him
"Well, you shoulda thought of that before you let Tommy steal the casserole. Have some squash." - Mrs. Donnelly
"I don't like squash. I don't even like saying it." - Kevin

The Colbert Report
"Did you know there's wheat in your ice cream?" - Stephen Colbert
"Wheat? I thought they said weed." - Willie Nelson

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At March 22, 2007 at 1:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No!!! They cant do that to us!!!!! I NEED Veronica Mars!!!!!!!!!! Hire another airplane to fly past the CW offices! GAAAAA!

On the leg thing- unfortunately, there is a possibility that it could fly off. Sometimes it can get sweaty and slippery and then not fit so well. Personally, I do think it would be kinda funny- prolly draw in the viewers! Did you know some gambling site is taking bets on whether or not it stays on?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home