Random thoughts

Monday, February 12, 2007

I need a personal shopper...

Okay, I was out shopping, so I missed the first hour of the 2-hour 24 tonight, which means I can't watch the tape until it's over. So in the meantime, I'll talk about all the new stuff I bought for my apartment. I actually went shopping TWICE today - I went out this morning, and then again after dinner with my mom. And I've learned a valuable lesson... I don't like shopping.

I mean, I like stuff, and I like when the stuff appears in my closet or my room or whatever. But the actual going out and getting of the stuff? Meh. I could do without it. (I also could do without the spending of money to acquire said stuff, but that's a whole other story.) I really just want someone to go out and do all the shopping for me, so that I don't have to deal with the hassle of going to ten different stores just to find shower curtain hooks or whatever, and then buying a set of hooks, and then finding them cheaper in another store, and having to go back to the first store to return the first set of more expensive hooks. And dealing with all the mangy sales people, and the annoying other shoppers, and having to drive everywhere, and of course none of the stores I want to go to are ever next to each other or anything. (I thought malls were supposed to fix that problem? But no... I still end up driving all over south Jersey.)

Anyway, in the morning I went to Linens 'n' Things, because I found a dinnerware set online that I liked, but I was hoping to find it in the store so I could see it before I bought it. Well, LNT is in a sad state. I really hate messy stores. They just make me want to not shop in them on principle. Like, is it so hard to keep your shelves organized and NOT have shit all over the floor and in the wrong places? And talk about out of stock! I searched high and low for a rubber ducky shower curtain that I saw on display, but heaven forbid they should have it on a shelf anywhere. Same with the dinnerware set I wanted. Not a trace of it could I find. I was so disgusted when I left the store that I might not shop there anymore, except I have this $40 gift card which I kind of feel compelled to spend.

I had slightly more success at Boscov's, where I found a better-than-LNT shower curtain for $3.31. I so rock. It was $12.99, on sale for $9.99, but it rang up 3 bucks. How awesome is that? So now my bathroom will be totally ducked out. I got the shower curtain, and I also have a rubber ducky toothbrush holder from my current bathroom. Then, when we went shopping tonight, I bought ducky shower curtain hooks and a ducky toilet bowl brush, and little ducky hand towels.

I also got the bedding set I've had my eye on at Bed Bath & Beyond. No dice on the matching curtains (they were too expensive, and didn't look that good) so I'm still looking for those.

So for those keeping a tally, I am still on a quest for curtains, a sofa, plates, a CD rack, and whatever little odds and ends I need for decoration. But we made very good progress today. I also packed 2 and a half boxes of all my books, CDs, and DVDs. Now I just need to do about eleventy billion more boxes for the rest of my crap.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At February 12, 2007 at 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay for shopping progress! and for duckie bathrooms. you are too cool. good choice on the bed-in-a-bag: looks v. classy. Are you sure it belongs in your room...?

 
At February 12, 2007 at 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw, the duckie towels are way cute. and what did i tell you about boscovs? they're awesome.
and i know what you mean about shopping. i have to be in the mood to shop, or else i get a headache.
have you tried pier 1 for anything? they have some cool stuff, but it's usually expensive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home