Random thoughts

Monday, February 05, 2007

Cool stuff

Okay, 24 first. These comments are going to sound a lot like the IM conversation I had with Becky, since that's where I was taking my "notes" while I watched. I loved this exchange (I may be paraphrasing a bit):
Jack: My brother is evil.
Bill: Based on what?
Jack: Um... he just tried to kill me.

When the call came in about Morris's brother, I was like, "Oh, no... not more family crap." Like the crap with Edgar's mother, etc. This season has enough family troubles, so I was really glad the Morris thing turned out to be a set-up. Well, except for the part where Morris got kidnapped. That was a shame. At first, I thought Morris was actually evil, and I was like, "Oh, no... not another mole in CTU." So, on the whole, this little twist was a pleasant surprise all around.

Definite "awww" moment when Jack was hugging his brother while torturing him. Only on 24 does this count as "quality family time." But I'm serious about the "aww" thing - it really shows how Jack hates doing what he does (to his family, no less) but he can't back down when the country is at stake. I don't get what Graem's "I love my country" thing was about... I don't see how what he did was for his country. But man, did it set Jack off. And then when he found out about the Palmer thing... hoo boy.

Can I just say, I have no faith in Wayne Palmer as President? Maybe we're not supposed to, but I can't help but think he did a crappy job as principal of Sunnydale High, and the death count on this show is even higher with him as President. Just sayin'...

Jack's dad: "You deserved a better family, Jack." Well... yeah. Ones that weren't dead or evil would be a nice touch. Speaking of evil, DAD. Ahem. I totally called that one. As soon as he did the whole "I need a few minutes" I knew he was either going to be evil or he was going to kill Graem. Turned out he did both. So go me.

Now I'm watching Studio 60, and I think the best part of this whole two-parter has been Timothy Busfield and his Animal Planet in the ventilation shaft. My only question - do ferrets really eat snakes? Because that seems... off. Like it should be the other way around or something. Maybe I don't know enough about ferrets.

Oh, and Nate Corddrey is ADORABLE. I'm sorry Matthew Perry, but the whole Matt/Harriet thing bugs me more than Danny/Jordan tonight, and that's saying something.

And now, a few links: Here's a review of the first issue of the Buffy season 8 comic, as well as a sneak peek at the third issue. Check out Willow's skank outfit... kind reminds me of Vamp Willow, which can only mean fun times.

David Fury (of Buffy, Angel, Lost, 24, and... okay, every good show on TV) talks about why he hates Valencia, and other 24-related topics. Also, Chloe's a hottie, in case you hadn't noticed.

And, thanks to Becky, the coolest thing this week: iConcertCal. Do it. You'll thank me.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home