Random thoughts

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Giant Dawn cracks me up

A few follow-ups to previous posts:

If you're like me, you're curious how Prince didn't get electrocuted during his Super Bowl halftime show. Here's why.

Some 24 talk from The Watcher. My favorite comments:
  • One thing I know for sure: I am never attending a Bauer family reunion.
  • I would love to be at the Bauer's for Thanksgiving.....pass the turkey, WHAM!, pass the stuffing, WHAM! you haven't felt pain until you've finished eating mom's food!
  • Then again, how could Philip be Graem and Jack's papa unless his wife was a circus midget with rounder face features. Kiefer and Rocket Romano couldn't possibly look less like Cromwell's kids.
  • I'd have given all the money in my wallet for Dad Bauer to have come in during the toturer scene and say "that'll do, Jack, that'll do"
And one hilarious Studio 60 comment from TVSquad:
Timothy Busfield deserves his own sitcom. When Studio 60 ends (hopefully in 2015, but probably in April), someone should give him his own show. Here's my premise: Cal and the animal handler have to move into an apartment together. The landlord won't allow animals, so every week they get into wacky adventures trying to hide all the animals. Here's the twist, it's an all-woman apartment building and Cal and the animal handler have to dress as women to fit in!

You'd watch it.
Here's parts one and two of a big Joss Whedon interview on (what else?) the Buffy season 8 comic. Look for parts three and four later this week. I'm still giggling over Giant Dawn, by the way. Apparently, Joss is, too.

It looks like Nobody's Watching won't be making it to real TV after all. That's a shame. At least we'll always have YouTube.

I really wish I could go to this play reading - it's by Ken Levine, whose blog I read regularly, and starring the Baker and the Baker's Wife from Into the Woods! (Chip Zien and Joanna Gleason, for those who may not have purchased multiple copies of the video of their Broadway performance. Don't look at me like that. The first tape wore out, so I got extras, just in case.)

And finally, Stephen Colbert is getting his own ice cream flavor. How awesome is that?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home