Random thoughts

Monday, June 14, 2010

Movie reviews

Taking a break from the all Dexter, all the time that I've been doing lately, I watched a few movies. I tried Southland Tales, because I'll watch pretty much anything with SMG, but I definitely felt like I missed something... like, the point? I ended up turning it off after an hour and switching to Company, which is a Stephen Sondheim musical. It's surprising, because Into the Woods is my favorite musical ever, but I really haven't seen many Sondheim shows, so I'm attempting to fix that. This one was okay, but not going on the favorites list or anything.

I also watched a movie called Women in Trouble, because it starred Connie Britton and Adrianne Palicki and Sarah Clarke. I thought it was cool to find a movie whose cast is 90% women, especially with someone as awesome as Connie Britton, right? I should've known better. Lots of female characters does not a feminist movie make. Aside from the fact that pretty much every character is reduced to her sexual drives, it's kind of lacking direction and painfully cliche-laden at times. Bah. I think this review says it all.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home