Random thoughts

Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Genderswapped Chuck

Okay, this is kind of brilliant/hilarious: Chuck, with all the characters' genders flipped. I love the casting. Alison Brie as Chuck? Yes, please. Kristen Bell as Captain Awesome? OMG!!

Which raises some interesting thoughts, actually. I mean, I would pay huge amounts of money to see a female version of Casey. Like, HUGE. That goes without saying. But the thing I actually enjoyed about Chuck/Sarah in the beginning was the role reversal - Chuck is most often the damsel in distress and Sarah is the kick-ass hero who saves him. I love even more that they've grown into a couple who kicks ass together and saves each other's lives, but I don't think it would have been nearly as appealing if Chuck were a nerdy girl who always ended up in danger and had to be saved by the manly man CIA agent all the time (who, of course, she promptly falls in love with, because that's what women do with men who save their lives, right?).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home