Random thoughts

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My poor baby!

Had to take Chelsea to the vet today - she's been using the litter box way more frequently than usual, and only leaving quarter-sized pee clumps for the last week or so, and the other day we had a little piddly-on-the-sofa incident. (But she's still my very good girl and it's not her fault she's sick.) We had an appointment for her vaccines on Friday, but I pestered them to see her right away because I don't want her to be in pain, and I'd prefer no more piddly incidents. I thought it might be a urinary infection, but it turns out it's an inflamed bladder. She spent the day at the vet, but I'll pick her up when I get home from work.

In other news, work is going well. I really like the new job. It keeps me pretty busy, and I get to go to enough meetings that I'm not stuck in the office all day. The issues are interesting, and I think it's going to be pretty fun. One of the more headache-inducing things we're working on is health care (and that op-ed explains why the headache), most of which goes over my head. I just sit in the task force meetings and nod.

Fun with politics link for the day - be glad you don't live in New Jersey. (And people wonder why I didn't want to work there...)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At July 30, 2009 at 12:16 AM, Anonymous megan said...

i hope your kitty is better now!

and aw, i was just defending new jersey tonight. but see how all that stuff is going on in north jersey? they give all of jersey a bad rap.

 
At July 31, 2009 at 11:25 AM, Blogger Laura said...

She is doing better, but refusing to take her meds. I don't have problems with the liquid - I just stick it in her mouth and squirt - but she spits the pills out, and she's caught on to my "let's disguise it in food" trick.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home