Random thoughts

Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Almost there...

Eeeeeeeee!!! It's almost moving day! My parents came this weekend to help me pack. Box count as of 10am Saturday: 3 boxes and 1 suitcase packed.

Box count as of 10am Sunday: 21 boxes, 3 suitcases, and 2 plastic storage containers packed.

My parents are frighteningly efficient.

I am now trying to decide whether I want Verizon FIOS for my internet (TV isn't available yet). I've never had a problem with Comcast, but I've heard that FIOS is so much better, and it's not really much more expensive than Comcast. Anyone have any experience with it?

Labels:

5 Comments:

At July 1, 2009 at 9:10 PM, Anonymous Kelly said...

Wow, frighteningly efficient indeed! That's ridiculously impressive. I cant believe how fast things are moving. I hope it all goes smoothly! :)

 
At July 2, 2009 at 8:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FiOS is awesome! Far more consistent uploads and downloads than cable. And the video!!! Just wait till that comes to your area!

 
At July 2, 2009 at 10:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Make sure FiOS is available in your building. I would suggest that, as Comcast is just fair-to-middlin' out here.

Heard from Sober at all lately? I'm sure she'd be psyched to hear that you're moving down here...

 
At July 2, 2009 at 10:45 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Well, as it turns out, FIOS doesn't seem to be available. I thought it would be, since I started in the FIOS section of the website, and put in my address, and it gave me package options. But on second look, I think it's just giving me DSL plans, because I checked the speeds and they're slower than Comcast.

 
At July 2, 2009 at 11:33 AM, Anonymous megan said...

wow. that's some crazy fast packing. are you using a moving truck or something? that's a lot of boxes.
good luck with the move!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home