Random thoughts

Monday, July 20, 2009

Idiotic intersections

Given the utterly incomprehensible street planning in the DC metro area, I feel like I need to keep a list for posterity of the bizarre intersections I come across in my daily life. Let's start with the ones in my neighborhood:

S. Glebe Rd. and W. Glebe Rd. - This one rivals Megan's N St. and N St. (which I haven't found yet, but I'm looking). Whose brilliant idea was it to have intersecting streets with the SAME NAME?

Shirlington Rd. and Four Mile Run Dr./Shirlington Rd. - See above. Of course, this one's only half crazy, because Shirlington Rd. only runs in THREE directions out of this intersection, and the other direction is a completely different street.

25th St. and 28th St. - Okay, maybe it's just me, but I thought it was logical when numbering the streets to PUT THEM IN ORDER. Apparently not, as we have 28th St. running completely perpendicular to all the other numbers. This is also the same 28th St. that loops around to intersect with Army Navy Drive in between 23rd and 25th Sts. Yeah...

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At July 23, 2009 at 1:35 AM, Anonymous megan said...

N st and N st (if that's what it was, i'm pretty sure it was some lettered street though) is somewhere in the vicinity of the zoo. or maybe not. lara and i got quite lost trying to get home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home