Random thoughts

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Not dead, just internetless

Well, the move happened, and with very few hassles (yay for professional movers!). My poor kitty was traumatized, but she seems to have recovered after only one puking-in-the-corner incident. (Honey, I've felt like I was gonna throw up all week, so I'm right there with ya.)

My parents stayed for the weekend to help me get settled, and so I'm almost unpacked, except for my bedroom. We went to see fireworks for 4th of July at the Pointy Things (aka the Air Force Memorial), which, if you're not familiar with the area, is up on a hill in Arlington with an excellent view of the Washington Monument (where they set off the fireworks), as well as pretty much the whole city... which meant that we could see pretty much every fireworks display in the DC metro area, lol. I have never seen anything like it - about half an hour before the big fireworks started, we saw all these little ones popping up on the horizon. There must have been a hundred of them all over the place, and they continued on after the big show was over.

Anyway, we've been to DC a bunch of times, so our only sightseeing was the Pentagon 9/11 memorial, and other than that, we just drove around my neighborhood trying to figure out where things are. I have this week off, so I should have time to familiarize myself with the area, although I'm somewhat petrified to attempt to drive outside my immediate neighborhood. (GPS. Schizophrenic episodes. Not pretty.)

As I mentioned, I am currently internetless - the Comcast guy doesn't come until Saturday!! - so I've been using the business center in my building. I'm also without cable in these dark ages, so I'll probably have a whole list of books and movies I've read/watched this week. New job starts on Monday, so we'll see what kind of excitement that brings.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At July 8, 2009 at 11:42 AM, Anonymous megan said...

hooray! glad your move went well. the fireworks sound neat. i hope you don't get lost if you drive around. just don't drive into the city, or you'll be stuck in limbo on 2 N streets or something.

and good luck with the new job! now you'll have to come visit me! i'm conveniently about 30 minutes from the beach :)

 
At July 8, 2009 at 3:05 PM, Blogger ComcastCares1 said...

Congrats on the new place and the new job!

I am sorry we were not able to set up an installation date sooner than Saturday.

I can reach out to my contacts to see if we can move the date sooner than Saturday. You can contact me if you would like me to help.

Mark Casem
Comcast Corp.
National Customer Operations
We_Can_Help@cable.comcast.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home