Random thoughts

Monday, December 01, 2008

How many shopping days left?

Annnnd, we're off! My dad already bought himself his first Christmas present - a GPS, which does not seem to speak English as its first language. I thought something was up when the instructions were written with British spellings, but worse than that, it doesn't know abbreviations - it calls streets "saint" (St.) and it calls drives "doctor" (Dr.)!

Awe. Some.

No, thank you, Daddy. I don't want one for Christmas. I want one that works, please.

I'm sure I will be posting soon asking for gift-giving advice for all the difficult people in my life. Likewise, if you'd like a Christmas card from me (and you'd like it before February), shoot me your address or, for those of you with addresses in multiple states, which address you're most likely to be getting mail at in mid-to-late December.

Before we go full-tilt into the next holiday, my Thanksgiving was okay. Too much food. Lots of leftovers. Patches likes me again. (She's really quite friendly as long as you don't try to touch her.)

Once again, my parents took advantage of me being home for Thanksgiving and got out all the Christmas decorations and put up the tree, which Patches did not try to climb this year. We also baked cookies on Saturday, but I think we're getting too good at it, because I was having to break some on purpose in order to be allowed to eat any.

Chelsea was very happy to see me when I got home - and wonder of wonders, had NOT knocked her water bowl over. Victory! *does happy dance* Now, of course, the new challenge is getting her not to eat the Christmas tree.

Big links post coming up!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At December 4, 2008 at 10:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm pretty sure i'll be in maryland for december. do you still have my salisbury address? i can email it to you just in case

 
At December 4, 2008 at 4:44 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Believe it or not, I think I actually wrote it down this time! You're still at the Schumaker Drive address, right?

 
At December 5, 2008 at 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yup. yay! i'll just have to have them stop forwarding my mail, otherwise it will get sent to jersey.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home