Random thoughts

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Just checking in...

...because when I don't, people start asking me if I'm dead. I had a nice loooong weekend, since we had Tuesday off for Veterans' Day, and I took a sick day Monday. I went home for my dad's birthday on Friday, did lots of shopping (four pairs of shoes!), and then my parents put me to work raking the leaves in the backyard. Apparently, I'm still not old enough to drive the tractor. :( I think my dad just has too much fun to give it up. I came back with lots of leftovers, though, so it's all good.

On Monday, I had a doctor's appointment at Lankenau, and then met my grandmother for lunch at my aunt and uncle's luncheonette place. I came home to find one dehydrated kitty, since Chelsea had proceeded to knock over both bowls of water that I left for her (even though one of them was the big water jug that weighs two pounds when full, meaning she probably had to throw her whole body against it to tip that fucker over). I am now worried about leaving her alone for Thanksgiving, so I'll be out shopping for yet another even heavier bowl.

Megan came to visit me on Tuesday (yay!) and she passed the kitty inspection, which means we're allowed to stay friends. (So far, no one has failed kitty inspection except Patches - Chelsea will love pretty much any person who likes to cuddle.) We went to the Whitaker Center, partly because it would be embarrassing if I'd lived her for two years and never gone, and saw Madagascar 2 on the IMAX. (Not as good as the first one, but still funny. Also, I want a penguin.)

Today, I managed to do a startlingly little amount of work, since I was at an EPLC breakfast forum until 10:30, and I'd only been at my desk for an hour when the fire alarm went off. (Seriously, if it's not my apartment building, it's the office building. Must... stick to... lower... floors...) Then a task force meeting from 1-2:30, where sadly no fistfights broke out, but I'm hopeful for the December session.

I am woefully behind on my TV watching - I think I have 2 episodes of Life to watch, plus last week's Dirty Sexy Money and this week's HIMYM and Fringe. I'm losing interest in Life on Mars.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At November 12, 2008 at 11:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oooo, 4 pairs of shoes! What a fruitful trip. I was exited bc I got a pair of really cute flats on clearance marked down from $50 to $15!! Ho yeah! And naughty, taking a sick day. I totally would do that, haha. At least then it made the trip home worthwhile! And there is nothing like getting paid for hard labor with food. Yay.
I actaully saw HIMYM! Barney sings! And I caught up on chuck- that wig! I almost died!
Oops, time for Top Chef! I am hungry...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home