Random thoughts

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Rainy afternoon

I'm sitting here listening to a 3.5 hour conference call, so I'll probably be posting a crapload of links, trying to catch up after posting kind of sparingly since the election.

I can't remember if I linked to this article or not, but much rending of garments and angry fist-shaking was happening on the internet last week due to Dollhouse being bumped to the death slot on Friday nights. On the plus side, Bones will NOT be on Fridays, and Fringe, which I'm still watching, has a good lead-in with American Idol.

Life has gotten a full season pick-up, which I'm very happy about. Like Bones, it's a procedural with a fun twist, and it centers around a really interesting main character.

The prodigal Darling returns on Dirty Sexy Money, as Juliet is set to make a guest appearance. (She was mostly written off the show after the actress had drug problems, I think.)

Damages is returning in January! Gosh, it seems like such a long time since this show was on (due to the writers' strike), and I've missed it so. Speaking of shows I haven't seen in forever (but have missed somewhat less), Kiefer Sutherland talks about filming the 24 movie in Africa.

My Own Worst Enemy has been canceled. I feel a little bad for Christian Slater, because I like him and wanted his show to do well, but it was pretty sucky, and I didn't watch past the first episode, so it's not terribly surprising.

And finally, the writers of The Daily Show talk about their jobs, and Kristen Bell talks about... a lot of stuff.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At November 14, 2008 at 1:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

There are sad rumors around the campfire that "Pushing Daisies" is getting the axe after they wrap production on the 13th episode of the season.

Great. They can foist all the hypershit reality shows on us, but a damn fine creative show gets taken off the air? I have lost my faith in humanity.

 
At November 14, 2008 at 2:07 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Yeah, I'd heard those rumors, but I stopped watching "Pushing Daisies" after season 1 and haven't missed it, so I can't say I'm terribly upset about its cancellation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home