Random thoughts

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Hi, kids. I'm kinda tired today. My bedtime has started edging later again, I think because my schedule is still off from staying out all night and sleeping all weekend. Gotta start going to bed at 11, otherwise I'm dragging all day. Man, I feel old.

Anyway, Jericho last night drifted back into "WTF?" territory. And they were doing so well. In the rare chance that it gets picked up, here's a piece of advice - stick to the killing off and mourning of beloved characters and stay away from the government conspiracies. Because when Jericho does conspiracies... they kinda don't make any sense. I think they've explained the bomb plot like, three times now, and I still don't get it. Was the CIA behind it? Or just rogue members of the CIA? Or were Hawkins and the others CIA who infiltrated the terrorists? If this whole plan came from Mystery Phone Guy, then is he higher up than Valente? Is he Valente? No, he can't be, because he's been tracking the bomb, and if Valente knew where the bomb was, he wouldn't have needed to buy it from Sarah. But if MPG has been tracking the bomb this whole time, why didn't he just come find it and take it? Why has he been needling Hawkins to give it to him willingly? And why does he think that blowing up Cheyenne is a good idea? For that matter, why did he think blowing up the first 23 cities was a good idea? If his goal is to get rid of Jennings & Rall, he's not doing a very good job of it.

Oh, who cares? Hawkins is AWESOME. Jake is AWESOME. The Hawkins and Jake show, that's all I need. (Although, sidebar, I thought it was absolutely adorable when the Rangers sent the ransom note to Beck: "We have your trucks and your supplies and your guns. Give us Jake." Hee! They came up with a plan without Jake, how cute! I just wanted to pat them on the heads.)

Anyway, in other news, this week is the Paley Fest, which I desperately wanted to go to, but Kelly wouldn't go with me. Fortunately, TVGuide has me covered, and so I'll be posting their coverage of my favorite shows. Here's the report from the Chuck panel, as well as more information on the Chuck comic books. (Seriously, more comic books? I was willing to try it out for Buffy and Angel, but this is pushing my limits here.) Later this week: Friday Night Lights and the Buffy reunion panel (which, by the way, is supposed to have live streaming video coverage)! Next week is Damages and Mad Men.

Also Joss-related, he's writing a web musical starring Neil Patrick Harris as a "low-rent super-villain" called "Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog." I am not making this up.

Oh, and Battlestar Galactica will NOT be making a movie, but they will do a 2-hour TV special for the prequel, "Caprica." Okay. I just want my season 3 DVDs. (Now available from Blockbuster!!)

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home