Random thoughts

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

*rumble*

Oh man, I am hungry today. Dunno why - I rarely eat breakfast anymore, but it doesn't usually bother me.

Teresa, my boss, is back from vacation today - well, theoretically. She's apparently been in a meeting all morning and no one has seen her yet. But she's supposed to come back today. It was fun being in charge for a few days. No, actually, that's not true. People are annoying.

I watched Jericho last night. I considered it a guilty pleasure show last year (like a train wreck I couldn't pull my eyes away from), but I'm surprised that it's almost actually good this year. Well, not according to this guy, but I'm not about to complain about a show that looks cheaply produced. Come on, I watch Doctor Who, for crying out loud.

Okay, wow. I started typing that at least two hours ago, and then I got distracted by actual work. Anyway, what else was I going to talk about? Ooh! Friday Night Lights. There's the possibility that NBC might wrap it up with a two-hour movie, which is not nearly enough, but I guess better than nothing. Also, Taylor Kitsch is playing Gambit in Wolverine. I don't know who/what that is (something X-Men related, it would appear), but at least he'll be employed if the show gets canceled.

In other news, it apparently takes three people to replace Heath Ledger. That's quite impressive.

There's now talk of an actors' strike, which - you've gotta be kidding me. I thought we were done with the strike nonsense. Just bring back my shows, dammit! Speaking of which, why aren't more fans up in arms about truncated seasons and episodes being pushed back to fall (or disappearing completely? It's like we're just so grateful to have any TV at all, we don't care how much they're taking away from us.

Like, for example, we've just missed an entire season of 24, now that they're pushing season 7 back to January 2009. They've already filmed 8 episodes, and will continue to work to finish the other 16, but we still won't see anything until next year. Although, considering how craptastic season 6 was, I don't know if I mind so much. But oh! this is hilarious - Joel Surnow, the executive producer of 24 is leaving, so TWoP came up with some interesting replacements. I think my favorite might be Mark Burnett: "The creator of Survivor makes a surprisingly easy shift to scripted TV, thanks to 24's preexisting habit of eliminating a different character every week." And of course, Joss Whedon: "Ultimately, Chloe's battles against the "monsters" of the modern world serve as an allegory for our everyday fights with real monsters like vampires and demons."

OMG! Celebrity curling! (Curling, as anyone who lived in my suite during the winter Olympics knows, is the BEST SPORT EVER.)

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At February 20, 2008 at 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

an actor's strike? not cool.

i think we should start a viewer's strike. have everyone turn off their tvs for like, a week. or more.

 
At February 21, 2008 at 10:48 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Haha. Some of us did that for the entire month of January, when there was nothing but reality TV on. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home