Random thoughts

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Let me tell you about my day

I don't really talk about personal stuff here, but for some reason I am compelled to start. It's not like anyone reads this besides my friends.

Today has been remarkably productive. I actually cooked breakfast today (eggs), partially due to me forgetting to buy milk yesterday, thus ruling out my traditional cereal. Then I tackled the incredible overflowing pile of dishes in the sink. Kept up the cleaning streak by doing the bathroom (the whole bathroom, not just the sink!) and putting up my new shower curtain. (Still rubber duckies, but less... flamboyant.)

I also went through the pile of mail on my desk. I always pay my bills on time, but I've gotten into this habit of opening them up and just tearing off the part that gets returned, leaving the rest of it to languish on my desk amidst credit card applications and Wegman's coupons, which I will never use because Wegman's is in Mechanicsburg, and I'm not driving 2o minutes to get groceries, even for the Mecca of supermarkets. In sorting through the credit card apps, I also finally snapped and called that "opt out" number, so hopefully I'll stop getting them.

Worked out today, for the first time in way longer than it should be. I am not a hibernating bear, thus there is no reason why I should gain weight in the winter. I only did about 2/3 of my usual routine, but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to move tomorrow. I've been getting itchy to run, and I'm really looking forward to warmer weather so I can go back to my river jogs. I have my window open today, and as I'm still kinda sweaty, the cool air feels really nice, so I'm tempted to go out today. However, I have learned from experience that while I may bundle up for running in the 35 degree weather, my iPod will most definitely freeze.

You know what? I just remembered this is a three-day weekend! Awesome! That's such a great feeling. No real plans for the weekend. I went to Hershey last night and had dinner with Christi and Diana, in which we discussed the horror of med school and how happy I am to be a grown up, the appallingness of Diana's cheap-ass ex taking a girl on a first date to a more expensive restaurant than he ever took her to in the seven months they were dating, Christi and Pitzer's inevitable marriage (not that he's aware of this at all), and the potential datability of the new guys in my office. (Guy 1: hotness factor low, but he's friendly, and also very efficient, which means I am going less crazy at work. Guy 2: Cute and funny, but 37 and thus out of my age range.)

Oh man... I just got up for a second and my calves were like, "No, I don't think so." Yes, definitely sore tomorrow.

Anyway, speaking of "out of my age range," creepy Bill asked me out on a date last night. For those who don't know, creepy Bill is a guy in my apartment building. The first three or four times I saw him, we had the same exact conversation. He'd introduce himself, ask my name and whether I'd just moved in, and then proceed to tell me about how he's retired and now has a shuttle service to the airport, and tells me to stop by his apartment if I ever needed a ride. He has now learned my name, although continues to tell me his, and last night asked if I had any plans. I said yes, as I was going to dinner with Christi and Diana, and so then he started telling me about a pizza place 15 minutes away that he should take me to. I did NOT say, "You do realize you don't need to drive 15 minutes to get pizza, right?" Nor did I say, "Do you actually think I'm going to spend 15 minutes in a car with you?" although I was thinking both. I simply smiled noncommittally and let him keep talking until he got distracted by the mail I was holding. The best part was, there were two other people in the elevator, and this one guy is giving me this sympathetic look, like, "Oh, that's awkward." *sigh* Why do I attract the creepy ones?

Labels:

3 Comments:

At February 16, 2008 at 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i need to work out. but i'm too lazy. i felt motivated about a week ago, but it was too cold outside, so i did some crunches. the mood will probably strike me again in about a month. although i did some lifting of chairs and coolers today at a zoo event, so that counts, right?

creepy bill? he does sound creepy. i haven't talked to you much lately, i'll have to email you sometime. i actually had a nice v-day i'll have to tell you about.

also, i still have to read your political post. i'm quite uneducated on the candidates, mostly since i can't vote in any primaries. but i'm sure you'll teach me something.

 
At February 19, 2008 at 6:13 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

Hey stranger...

Should I make a comment about the creepy ones you might attrack? Nah...that's just too mean.

Hugs to you...

 
At February 20, 2008 at 9:03 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Shelley!! *squee* What the heck have you been up to?

And yes, that would be very, very mean. :-P We're forgetting THAT ever happened....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home