Random thoughts

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

It's snowing...

Again. Still. Seriously, I'm tired of winter.

Not that I've taken down my Christmas tree or anything, but that's just 'cause I'm lazy and don't have anyplace to put it.

Good news for those of you who don't have cable and have not yet clued into the brilliance of Psych, or for those of you who are brilliant and just want to watch the episodes again, and enjoy that real-life experience of TV with commercials. Due to the writers' strike and an embarrassing lack of programming, NBC will be airing full seasons of Psych and Monk starting March 2nd. CBS will also be showing Dexter, which I wanted to watch, but I have a feeling it's going to be edited, so I might as well just wait for the DVDs.

In other news, they're making a reality show to cast a Broadway musical based on a movie. Does the madness never end??

In politics, Hillary Clinton is now being compared to Paris Gellar (of Gilmore Girls). I have to admit, the similarity is uncanny. And I also really enjoyed the point that it's "insane (and immensely misogynistic) that American media have been covering the first female front-runner with a real shot at the Oval Office as if she's campaigning for Prom Queen, rather than POTUS".

I did make a tragic discovery the other day. My George W. Bush countdown clock has stopped. I glanced at it and thought, "Hmm, there aren't 390 days until January 20, 2008." And that's when I realized it stopped counting down, leaving me with the paralyzing fear that time could be suspended and George W. Bush would be President forever. Gahhh! Fortunately, I think it's just a battery problem, and not a rift in the time-space continuum; however, I can't figure out where the batteries go in my little clock, or what type of batteries it uses (I'm guessing small ones). Sadness!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At January 15, 2008 at 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh no! i checked my countdown clock, it says 370 days. but it's getting all faded, like you have to look at it from an angle to see the numbers. they said the batteries would last! liars. i'm guessing it uses like the watch batteries? but it seems like along the bottom edge, there's a slot you pull out? i'm afraid to try on mine for fear of the countdown stopping.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home