Random thoughts

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Is it Friday yet?

Ugh, I have a headache today. And the phone's ringing off the hook.

So, in the absence of new television (except HIMYM, which was awesome), I watched a movie last night called "The TV Set." It stars David Duchovny as a TV writer who pitches a pilot, and the movie goes through the whole process from casting to the upfronts, all the compromises he has to make in order to get his show on the air, and the network executives who basically ruin the show with their suggestions. It was a pretty good movie, and definitely gave me more appreciation for the writers and showrunners (and makes me hate studio execs even more, if that's possible).

In other movie news, can you possibly think of a cuter couple than Rory Gilmore and Matt Saracen? But Zach Gilford's looking a little hobo-ish with that beard. Not a good look, dude.

Test your TV catchphrase knowledge with this quiz. I scored 12 out of 18, but I guessed on a lot of the older shows.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At December 11, 2007 at 10:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i got a 10 on the quiz
i don't watch half the shows they were asking about

 

Post a Comment

<< Home