Random thoughts

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Last Heroes rant until who-knows-when

Heroes is making me uncomfortable. I'm starting to feel weird about always cheering on the bad guys and rooting for people to die. Thanks, Show.

For instance, I was rooting for Peter and Adam all night last night, even though I *knew* Adam was going to release the virus. I can't help it. I love them both, and let's be honest, of Team Hiro/Parkman/Nathan, the only one I can tolerate is Nathan (and he will lose my love if he doesn't cut his damn hair! Seriously, is there some sort of "conservation of hair" principle in the Petrelli family?). And when Sylar is the only person in the room that I *don't* want to die, that's not good. News flash to Mohinder, Molly, and Maya - it's really sad when your character is so annoying you make a serial killer look good.

Also, how cool was Elle last night?? I loved how she got so excited when she realized she'd done something good. It seemed like she was more pleased that she'd redeemed herself in her father's eyes than the fact that she actually saved three people's lives, but hey, it's progress, right? At least she's zapping the bad guys now.

Mohinder has now permanently secured his position at the top of my "too stupid to live" list. Admittedly, the look on his face when Sylar started being nice to him was hilarious. But why he didn't DO something about it, I'll never know. Yes, okay, Maya is there and doesn't think Sylar's a bad guy. But she's a teeny little girl - what exactly is she going to do if Mohinder tries to kill Sylar? Hit him over the head with the frying pan? (Sidebar: OMG, I was so pissed when they killed Maya and then brought her back to life. You have no idea how thrilled I was to see her dead, and then they TOOK IT BACK, the bastards.)

Okay, yeah, so then, Sylar's all, "Gimme the blood," and Mohinder's like, "You can't just inject it! The wrong dosage could kill you!" Okay, Mo? Think about that one for a second. Shut UP! Just do what the bad man tells you and kill him!! God. And THEN, when he realizes that Sylar has escaped with Claire's blood, his first thought is, "*gasp* Niki!" Instead of, oh, I don't know, "Holy shit! A psychotic, evil mass murderer just found a way to get his powers back and become unstoppable again!" Too. Stupid. To. Live.

So... back to the dynamic duo. I admit, I'm glad that Peter destroyed the virus (WTF did he do? That was pretty awesome. Can he disintegrate all kinds of shit or just test tube viruses?) but I'm also glad that Adam's not dead. Probably a mistake on Hiro's part, burying him alive instead of killing him (maybe he didn't realize he could?), but you just know that someday, somebody's gonna dig up Adam, and after months/years/decades of being locked in a box, he'll be even more batshit crazy than he was before. Fabulous!

I have found a new reason to dislike Hiro, not that I needed one. Two seasons in a row now, his plot line has been all over the place and mostly irrelevant to the overarching story, and then he pops up in the finale, waving his goddamn sword around, all, "I wanna be a hero!!" It pisses me off. Like, either be a part of this or don't be, but don't just show up at the end and expect to save the day when the rest of these people have been risking their lives and working their asses off for 13 episodes now.

Nathan. *sigh* I did think it was cool that both Claire and Nathan had the idea to hold a press conference (like father, like daughter), although I think it would've been better for all involved if Claire had been the one who got shot. I wouldn't write him off just yet, though. There are still two people in the world who can save him, and they're both related to him. If Peter's smart (I know, that's asking a lot), he'll figure out that his blood can heal, too, just like Adam's, since he's absorbed the regeneration power. If not, then there's always the chance that Claire will see the assassination on the news, and SHE knows for sure that her blood not only heals, but can bring people back from the dead. I wonder if there's a time limit to how long a person can be dead before they get regenerated. Would it not work if they wait too long? Could Claire, like, bring back people who've been dead for years?

And, for the final death of the episode - Niki. Wow, pointless much? That entire plotline was dumb and overwrought. I don't understand why Monica couldn't use her kung-fu fighting skills to get OUT of that situation in the first place. But more importantly, all that over a few comic books? Really? I'm sure there must have been something more going on, but since they didn't tell us what it was, I'm left thinking it was remarkably contrived. I guess it's noble and all, that Niki, who was gonna die anyway, went in to save Monica, but it really didn't belong in the final episode of this arc.

So, that's it for Heroes until next year, and with the writers' strike, who knows when we'll get new episodes. At least we got a decent finale to hold us over.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home