Random thoughts

Thursday, January 18, 2007

More 24 talk

I'm a little behind, since I was in Hershey on Monday and had to tape 24, but I watched the second half of the FOUR HOUR TWO DAY season premiere last night. I thought the second half was slower than the first - I even found myself pooh-poohing the nuclear bomb thing, since they did that whole plot in season 2... until the damn thing went off! I definitely didn't see that coming. I thought it would take a few episodes and then Jack would stop it. Didn't expect prison break dude to set it off right then and there. That was a definite OMG moment.

But I'm kinda skipping to the end here. I'm curious why Jack had to go through all that trouble of tracking the guy back to Fayed... didn't he just escape from Fayed? Maybe if you went back to where you came from, you'd find him. Or at least a clue. Pay more attention when you escape, Jack. At least hostage family came in handy. Hope they don't all die of radiation sickness.

The whole Chloe love triangle thing bothers the heck out of me. I'm getting a definite amnesiac cougar vibe from that business. First of all, Milo is WAY too cool for Chloe. (Milo is way too cool for everyone. Jack Bauer tells him to do something, and he casually eats his popcorn.) They would never have dated. Second of all, anyone fighting over Chloe is kind of laughable. I mean, is this the same "I don't have time for your personality, Chloe" that we used to know? While I love Milo, and anyone with an accent, the girl herself was more fun when she had the social skills of a walnut. Bring back rude inappropriate Chloe!

OMG! Jack shot Curtis! That came as a surprise, mostly because I felt it was kind of unnecessary. Like, I realize he was holding the other guy in front of him, but you couldn't have found a less lethal place to shoot him, Jack? The sad truth is, though, Curtis was kind of just background noise... he never had the vibrant personality of a Tony Almeida (*sigh*) or even a Mason or Chappelle. He was just cardboard CTU agent. I'm actually surprised he survived as long as he did. And, of course, with Curtis out, Bill Buchanan will need a new lead field agent. Cue nuclear bomb to wipe the "I don't know how to do this anymore" right off Jack's face (or maybe that was vomit... eww).

Whitney has a discussion thread on her Pop Candy blog, and I c&p'ed two of my favorite quotes from the comments:

  • "Don't get up" nearly made beer flow through my nose. That guy is probably still in the middle of the street waiting for Jack to come back.
  • Okay, here’s what I can’t figure out (and which hopefully will be answered in a future ep). Bald terrorist guy spends the first 3 and a half eps trying to get the package containing the detonator and put in motion his plan to free nuke scientist guy. Said guy promptly blows himself, the one detonator and part of LA to smithereens. Then at the end of the episode we find out there are four more nukes.

    My question: where are they getting the other four detonators? Radio Shack?
Damn good question, there. Inquiring minds want to know.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home