Random thoughts

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

OMG I'm gonna go crazy

This place is NUTS. You wouldn't think that, with only 3 people in the office, there would be the potential for mayhem, but apparently, it's possible. Phones ringing off the hook, fax machine working overtime, lots of cursing and freaking out and such.

The problem being that we're about $1 million over budget for the inaugural... (On an unrelated topic, if you'd like to contribute to the inaugural or would like to purchase tickets, please let me know. Judging by Brian's stress level, I think it would be much appreciated.) Hilarious side note - Maria, the inaugural chair, went into Wachovia to get a loan (because they're so desperately broke), and ended up getting a contribution from them while she was sitting there - she's so awesome.

So now that I've shoveled my lunch into my face while sitting at my desk - because I don't have time to actually take a lunch - and will soon be getting indigestion, I'll post some stuff to keep you busy while I lose my mind.

Lots of 24 news, since it's coming back next week. ( FOUR HOUR TWO-DAY season premiere is Sunday 8-10 pm and Monday 8-10pm - holy crap.) If you just can't wait that long, there's an E! True Hollywood Story about the show on Sunday at 6pm. Looks like there's some exciting stuff in store for this season... and hey, she may be dead, but at least Slayer Nikki Wood can be proud that her son is the President. Personally, I'm just excited for the "Jack Bauer on a cell phone piloting a hijacked plane blindfolded" action figure.

Checking in with my other TV shows... Stephen Colbert and Bill O'Reilly will appear on each other's shows on Jan. 18th. I can only imagine how hilariously awesome that will be. (In case you live under a rock, Colbert based his persona on Bill O'Reilly's actual personality. Whether that makes O'Reilly seem funny or absurd is up to you.)

Tommy Schlamme (the lesser-known half of Aaron Sorkin's brain), oddly enough, had an interview with a Christian satire magazine, The Wittenburg Door, and talked about Studio 60. (News flash: Harriet Hayes is based on Kristin Chenowith. In other news: Duh.)

And finally, if anyone still cares about Gilmore Girls, Lauren Graham talked about the end of the show in this interview.

Okay, now back to work (a.k.a. running around like a chicken with its head cut off).

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At January 10, 2007 at 7:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, you sound all crazy busy.
today i ate my lunch while at a table with a snake, millipedes, tarantula and screech owl. granted, we went to represent the zoo at a career fair at a middle school. and the animals were in tanks. but the snake was pretty interested in my food.

 
At January 11, 2007 at 4:38 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Wow, your lunch sounds scarier than mine. I don't think there was a single thing in that sentence that I would want to eat lunch with (except you, of course, but I was mainly referring to the animals).

I will say this, for not the last time: You have an interesting job...

 
At January 13, 2007 at 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw, they're not so scary.
just wanted to let you know i saw keifer sutherland (sorry if i speled it wrong!) on conan the other night (which you may have already found on youtube) and he was talking about how they had an action figure a few years ago and let him check out. he brought it to the bar and eventually ended up setting it on fire. and then the people asked for it back, because it was the only prototype they had.
funny stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home