Random thoughts

Friday, December 15, 2006

Lunch break

Lots of things to keep you busy on your lunch break... since I'm posting during mine.

If, like Kelly, you've recently become addicted to downloading TV shows from the internet, then here are two websites I found at Pop Candy: TV Links and Peekvid.

Checking in with Buffy alums, Julie Benz has an interview about her new role on the show Dexter, and she also talks a lot about playing Darla on Buffy and Angel. I never really thought about it before, but she was the first vampire we ever saw... talk about pressure! Also, Nathan Fillion, who played creepy Caleb on Buffy, and a slightly less creepy guy on Firefly, is doing a new series, the plot of which I don't quite understand, but that's okay.

Amber Benson is working on a new movie. Like her first movie, Chance, she is acting, directing, and producing it herself (and, like Chance, I will probably never get to see it without spending $45). Michael Muhney from Veronica Mars co-stars. Sirens of Cinema has a feature where Amber talks about her experiences on the set. It's monumentally complicated to get to - you have to view the sample issue, then select the article "Director on a Hot Tin Set" from the table of contents, then zoom in to read it - but it's very good, and written in first person by Amber. Apparently, part of a series on her movie, but I don't know how to get to the other articles.

And finally, find out what's more important than Gilmore Girls. Amy Sherman-Palladino talks about why she left, what she's doing now (a new sitcom), and why she wants to throw herself off a building (well, don't we all, if you're still watching this season?).

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At December 16, 2006 at 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I was a good girl! I PAID for those downloads! And then I found Heroes for free on the NBC website. I'm all caught up now!

 
At December 17, 2006 at 12:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was watching "bring it on" the other day (yes, i know) and realized that one of the cheerleaders at the competition is glory from buffy. but apparently i noticed that before, since rob said that i say that every time.

 
At December 21, 2006 at 9:13 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Wait... really? Glory is a cheerleader? I never knew that. I remember Faith being in that movie, but I probably hadn't seen season 5 when I watched Bring It On, so I didn't know Glory.

That almost makes me want to watch it again. What? I said almost!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home