Random thoughts

Friday, January 19, 2007

Good morning!

So did anyone watch the Scrubs musical episode last night? I only watch the show sporadically, but I kept hearing that their musical episode was almost as good as Once More With Feeling... plus, the writers and the star of Avenue Q were involved, so you know I just had to watch it. I thought it was cute... it seems like it would be hard to do a musical in just half an hour. How many songs could you possibly cram into that short amount of time? But they managed to sing AND still have a moderately coherent plot, which is good. I loved Dr. Cox's rant and the "Guy Love" song (it kind of reminded me of the "Surgeon and a Doc Above It All" song from whenever that was). And who knew Carla had an awesome voice? And the janitor! Everyone else was kind of so-so, but what do you expect when you force non-musical actors to sing?

A few more inaugural stories for you... I did indeed get to wear a pretty dress, Kelly. In fact, I wore two pretty dresses - one on Monday night, and one on Tuesday night (okay, one was a skirt/top combination, but it was all black, so it looked like a dress). I didn't get a chance to go to the spa... I thought about it on Tuesday afternoon, when I wasn't busy, but it's kind of expensive. I did, however, use the complimentary chocolate soap in the shower. It's kind of fun to smell like chocolate, once you get past the gross factor of using a brown bar of soap with little black chunks in it...

Another thing that I thought was hilarious was that the Governor, at the inaugural gala, FORGOT to introduce the Lt. Gov. It's the very end, and Bon Jovi's done his thing, and they bring out everyone to do a group sing, and then the Gov's like, "Oh wait, I forgot something," and brings up CBK. If that isn't indicative of her standing in the state, I don't know what is. So she gets up on stage, and we're all, "Oh dear God, she's gonna speak." (In case you don't know much about CBK, she's crazy. Like, really. Total batshit old lady crazy.) So she didn't speak, which was a relief, but she brings up her date, which is, weirdly, Mickey Rooney, and then he starts to speak, and don't ya know it, he's crazy too!

(Random side note for CBK story: When a president or a governor has to undergo surgery that requires anesthesia, they sign a document handing power over to the VP or LG temporarily, in case some crisis arises while they're unconscious. See The West Wing season 2 episode "In the Shadow of Two Gunmen" for more details. Well, apparently, the Gov had to have some kind of surgery and he utterly refused to sign the document. He supposedly said, "I'd rather risk a constitutional crisis than allow that woman to be in charge for five minutes." Which - ha!)

I'll post some fun links later today (if I get the chance), but I have to give a huge shout-out to Tim, for identifying my mystery FBI guy from 24. He's played by Scott William Winters, who you might recognize from a guest appearance on Angel, or the "do you like apples?" guy from Good Will Hunting, but I remember him best from his role as Cyril O'Reily on Oz. I knew it! I knew, in my head, I was thinking, "That guy played a retarded guy... I know the role I recognize him from, he was mentally retarded." And I was right! And I feel so much better now, having identified him. I shall sleep easier tonight.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At January 21, 2007 at 11:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg, i loved the scrubs musical episode! i watch scrubs all the time now that they brought it back on thursday nights (right after the office). no wonder the show was so good, i didn't know about the avenue q thing. i loved the "everything comes down to poo" song. yeah, and the "guy love" one was awesome.
seriously, now they'll have to put out a soundtrack to that episode that i can get, like the buffy one.
and you only watch the show sporadically? but, zach braff should be reason enough to watch! they run old episodes every day on comedy central :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home