Random thoughts

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Stupid Mozilla

Argh... I had a whole post written out, and then Mozilla quit on me and I lost it all. *sigh* You'd think that working at Marshall St. (where the power goes out every five minutes) I'd have learned to save my work. Anyway, let's try to cobble it back together again.

I believe I was talking about other, non-political things that had been going on while I was election-obsessed, but, as is often the way with me, I kept lapsing into political things anyway. Like, for example, the news that Allen conceded to Webb and the Dems now control the Senate. Woohoo! It's a whole new ballgame, folks.

So what else happened in my eaten-by-the-internet post? I remember that I mentioned Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert being featured in Rolling Stone, in an article by NYTimes columnist Maureen Dowd.

I also went on for a bit about how I'm catching up on my TV shows, which I've been taping and watching sporadically the last three weeks. I've cut down to just four shows: Studio 60 (which it seems will be picked up for a full season), Veronica Mars (my connection is too slow, but you can check out this website for video clips and other stuff), Jericho (which is getting a split season - ending with a cliffhanger on Nov. 29th, not to return until February), and The Nine.

I don't really know why, but it seems the Chicago Tribune has written an article about one of my favorite phrases, "not so much," tracing its popularity back to some of my favorite TV shows, such as Jon Stewart on The Daily Show and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. (Well, I guess that makes sense.)

I'm not sure why this is funny, maybe it's the dating/politics parallel. It's a parody of an attack ad, about a bad boyfriend. I can't really explain it.

That's all I can remember. Hopefully I'll be back to posting more regularly, now that I have my life back. Whee!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home