Random thoughts

Monday, October 16, 2006

One Laura-cicle coming up!

It is SO freezing cold in my office right now. Even though it's only like, 50 degrees outside, our building still has the A/C on. Brrrr! I'm supposed to be getting traded to the field dept. sometime this week. I wonder if that office will be warmer... (I really hope I don't end up standing outside on a streetcorner).

So if you're as cold as I am (I'm wearing my outdoor jacket inside, if that's any indication... Brendan just asked for gloves), here are some things to take your mind off of slowly turning into a popsicle:
  • The latest dollars and cents from the Governor's race - I think the coolest fact is that the interest alone on our campaign account is over $275,000. (If only I got paid on commission...)
  • Read the second story on this page... not that the first and third aren't interesting too, but I am most interested in the whereabouts of Flat Eddie.
  • Um, yuck: Everything you didn't want to know about bedbugs (and you thought they were just something your mother made up...). I'm sufficiently skeeved out now.
  • Trouble in paradise: there was an earthquake in Hawaii yesterday.
  • Chattin w/ Batman: Dark Horizons has an interview with Christian Bale
  • And, just for Becky, the crazy T-shirt website, which I don't get, but am posting anyway. Apparently, for those who require their clothes to entertain them as well as keep them warm, this website offers T-shirts that have codes and hidden messages on them. It also has something to do with CSI...

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At October 16, 2006 at 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the cutout thing was funny.
i skipped the bedbugs - no need to find another thing i need to worry about.
and the t shirts- i think it's some sort of ploy to make you buy all thier shirts. i clicked on the "how does my t shirt work" and apparently each one has a secret piece of a code or something.

oh, and there's no way you could have been colder than i was friday and saturday nights at the zoo. i had to stand outside in the cold for 3 hours (it was our halloween event) and keep an eye on our turkey vulture. i was almost entirely numb friday night. so i wore more clothes on saturday.

 
At October 17, 2006 at 10:26 AM, Blogger Laura said...

Brrrr! Standing outside... that's no fun! Although it's entirely possible that my job starting tomorrow will consist of walking door to door, wrangling voters, so I could be sympathizing with you shortly.

But that turkey vulture sounds cool. In a vultures-creep-me-out kind of way.

 
At October 17, 2006 at 11:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so you'll be like a jehovah's witness?
maybe you can take the vulture with you. that could scare people into voting.

 
At October 20, 2006 at 2:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am pleased.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home