Random thoughts

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The 101 Most Influential People Who Never Lived

I found this list linked at Pop Candy. It's the most influential fictional characters, because just because you're imaginary doesn't mean you're not important (just ask my imaginary friends).

Honestly, I don't know who some of these people are, and there are a lot more I thought, "Them? Influential?" but I'd definitely have to agree with Hamlet (5) (and yes, I'm weird), Cinderella (26), Buffy (44), Nancy Drew (62), and Dorothy (91). Others I would add to my personal list are Winnie the Pooh, the entire cast of the West Wing, the Baker's Wife from Into the Woods, Indiana Jones, and Vicki Austin from the Madeleine L'Engle books.

Who are your influential fictional characters?

Labels:

5 Comments:

At October 17, 2006 at 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

citizen kane? i watched that movie, because it's supposed to be the best movie ever, and i hated it.
i like how buffy made the list.
i can't think of anyone i'd add right now. i'd have to think about it.

 
At October 18, 2006 at 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how did they judge someone's influence? Bc I see the Marlboro Man is first, and that's interesting, but how do they KNOW he was more influential than Dorothy Gale? And why is Hamlet more influential than Oedipus? I need to know....and I think I would add Mr.Darcy to the list!

 
At October 18, 2006 at 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how did they judge someone's influence? Bc I see the Marlboro Man is first, and that's interesting, but how do they KNOW he was more influential than Dorothy Gale? And why is Hamlet more influential than Oedipus? I need to know....and I think I would add Mr.Darcy to the list!

 
At October 18, 2006 at 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude, why do i always accidently leave the same comment twice? I have no idea what i do wrong...maybe I'm impatient and hit the submit button too many times... sorry for the misleading number of comments

 
At October 20, 2006 at 12:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw that list (or reference to it in a newspaper I read... I know, you make get up off the floor now)! I was happy to see Atticus. Where is Harry Potter?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home